Terminal Gear Thread

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Re: Terminal Gear Thread

Post by Tito Lozano »

mcbpete wrote:Tito: What's the apps you've got running on your PC screen - is it some sort of midi host thing, see lots of sliders and things !
@Pete:i have other hostings things, repear,magix-engine,cubase5 or live8 , only tried work now with other for try the beat step,is a nice thing but the new pro works better and more easy into any host...

i usually work final things into reaper or cubase and make little projects on new rare host to play :)

Now really enjoy first steps on dvshost and then add final linked worked to final edit into repear but now try for expand
controls into samplers keys from beatstep ...no much real about tutorials about on net,but i´m near to take real full control about :) , anyway all support and help about control midi for sampler diff keys into diff samplers are welcome, we know all sure that first steps are always so many silly than we spect to finally resolve problem :)
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

That's Reaper running on the screen as the main DAW right? I love Reaper. Although I'm (very slowly) saving for a Mac so I can get Logic back. I miss Logic.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Yeah Ross is Reaper but with driven bridge the LMMS hosting as topic Fruity Loops or some Native instruments as Kontak work as soundfounts into reaper or another host.I´m now try working the "non very prolific first version of steper & controller" into all that i can , and maybe with time i will can add info about this machine...people take more high thumbs about beatstep pro or last Korg Electribe hybrids...
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross

Post by Ross »

This plus a bunch of guitars and a piece of shit laptop.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Beautiful setup Ross, my Volca Bass should be coming tomorrow so Ill post some pics. I envy those reverb and delay pedals ( in a good way of course :) My Marshall Amp is similar to yours, must be a different model though, is it 15 watt?
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yeah i'll surely be running my list by folks when i put it together
i had a decent one at the time but obvs there will be much newer stuff when the time comes

yeah i'm just looking for generalize "how to assemble a PC" stuff as some of what i've seen on youtube is good or just meh in terms of comprehensive detailed good angles on the video etc
Ross

Post by Ross »

dubmasta wrote:My Marshall Amp is similar to yours, must be a different model though, is it 15 watt?
I'm not sure, but it's fucking awful. I bought it before I knew what I was doing, I've been laughed at for buying a Marshall ever since. But it (just about) does the job.
I have a bunch of rack FX units under a chest of drawers that I haven't even used yet. Moving house this year a some point, hopefully to somewhere bigger where I'll have a little more space than a small cluttered corner of my bedroom and I'll be able to get it all set up properly!
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Whats your impression from the Volca sampler Ross? I hear it wears only around 6 mb memory so thats kinda disappointing. This is going to be my next buy anyway, looks like an impresssive gadget.
Ross

Post by Ross »

I've only thrown a handful of samples on it so far but it's very usable and is doing its job very well. I'm planning on using it largely as a second drum machine, as the Beats is nice but obviously very limited in its palette - this way I can bring in lots of interesting rhythmic textures and back them up with the kick/snare/hat etc. from the Beats. So yeah, first impressions very good. One day I'm going to get a 'proper' sampler which will allow me to play melodies with samples, as they're pretty easy to get hold of second hand.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Just arrived, looking forward to what this kiddo can do :]Image
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I see (in the left-center part of the picture - some kind of Behringer controller/mixer - right?

I have one - BCD2000 - it's not bad but it's obsolete now - they didn't released drivers for the software beyond WinXP so... it just gather dust now...
You're doin' too much, do less.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Pandemonium wrote:I see (in the left-center part of the picture - some kind of Behringer controller/mixer - right?

I have one - BCD2000 - it's not bad but it's obsolete now - they didn't released drivers for the software beyond WinXP so... it just gather dust now...
Yep, its BCR2000 rotary controller, I love it cos its very useful to map and control any parameters u want on your plugins and tweak them real time while jamming.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Can't believe my band mate just got rid of his BCR when he moved cos he didn't really have a use for it - would've nabbed it off him in a second :(
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

If you ever wondered why music sounded shittier on PC than on amp - well it's because the motherboards didn't have these before:
[the future is here]

You're doin' too much, do less.
Mr Royale
Tingler

Post by Mr Royale »

Most of the actual gear is on the left and right hand parts of the pic, but the app I used decided the records were to be central point ;)

20+ years of buying records and equipment makes for a room of pleasure 8-) , except when moving house :shock:

The resolution isn't great, but you can make out most of the stuff I have there.