New Herd remix on new Darkfloor cassette release

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
beetles
Expander

Re: The HERD thread - DRKFLR006 Vinyl previews

Post by beetles »

https://reviews.headphonecommute.com/20 ... oor-sound/

new review of Arteater by Headphone Commute:
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Just a little bump to say that Arteater is now available to buy - digital or vinyl:

cheers,

and a new mix coming soon too.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

New review up today from IDieYouDie.com

http://www.idieyoudie.com/2016/06/obser ... 15th-2016/

Herd
Arteater
Darkfloor
Years before I was consciously fascinated by electronic music in its own right, I’d had it inoculated within me through countless science fiction films and even the odd sound effects record. The idea that pure electronic sound design can engineer its own speculative world isn’t a new one, but UK producer Jason Thomson has been working in the same soundscape vein as the likes of Future Sound Of London (and has released material in conjunction with FSOL) for several years, whittling jet-black architecture and futuretek out of claustrophobic sweeps and clangs, pushing the idea of ambient techno to its very limits. Arteater reverse engineers the sort of sample-heavy urban noir worlds that Burial and others have constructed for themselves. While the latter might build entire rhythmic tracks out of a pair of metallic clangs or sound effects, Thomson sculpts individual sounds and passages, only to toss them about the mix with haphazard abandon, recreating a cluttered ambiance where others might seek to impose a more familiar and rhythmic order. When a very recognizable Blade Runner sample crops towards the end of the closing title it feels like a bit of a let down; Thomson’s perfectly capable of conjuring his own SF soundscapes without having to lean on the classics.

I'm fairly sure I haven't sampled Blade Runner but ho hum.
beetles
Expander

Re: The HERD thread - Arteater reviews

Post by beetles »

Few more reviews if anyones interested:

Headphone Commute
“…On Arteater, fragments of memories get triggered with nearly recognizable sounds, and I’m floating on the edge of consciousness that only exists between a dream state and wakefulness. Eyes still open I begin to respond emotionally to images unheard and sounds unseen, patterns unlatched and voices unhinged. This is a bipolar trip into the sensory mind’s eye, where the soundscape of the untapped cognizance is only known to the very self – that twisted psyche of dreamscapes, explored and returned to in deadly flashbacks and lucid nightmares. This is the place that my inner architect has built, and Arteater is the soundtrack to these abstractions…” – Headphone Commute

I Die You Die
“…UK producer Jason Thomson has been working in the same soundscape vein as the likes of Future Sound Of London (and has released material in conjunction with FSOL) for several years, whittling jet-black architecture and futuretek out of claustrophobic sweeps and clangs, pushing the idea of ambient techno to its very limits. Arteater reverse engineers the sort of sample-heavy urban noir worlds that Burial and others have constructed for themselves. While the latter might build entire rhythmic tracks out of a pair of metallic clangs or sound effects, Thomson sculpts individual sounds and passages, only to toss them about the mix with haphazard abandon, recreating a cluttered ambiance where others might seek to impose a more familiar and rhythmic order…” – I Die You Die

Rivet (Kontra-Musik, Skudge)
“EVIL”

Sunil Sharpe (On The Hoof, Works The Long Nights)
“Brilliant sound (s)! A record that I’ll most likely be listening to than be playing out, but will find a way to fit it in. Nice work!”

Bombardier (Division 13, Low Res, Void Tactical Media)
“Very cool”

David Meiser (Nachtstrom Schallplatten, Reloading Records)
“Nice EP. Once again pushing the boundaries of the pre-establish sound”

Swarm Intelligence (Acroplane, Ad Noiseam, VOITAX)
“Sounding great”

Israel Vines (Borrowed Language, Eye Teeth)
“Excellent stuff. This is a great sounding release. Looking forward to continued listens”

Savier (Bloody Funny Clown)
“It’s fucking class. Just what I needed.”
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Hmm... I'm gonna have a go at this one pretty soon...
You're doin' too much, do less.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Cheers mate, be good to get some feedback from here.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Haha, that's awesome man :D
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Cheers mate, I had hoped that some people on here might discover it themselves on seeing the actual vinyl. Thought it might be a nice surprise.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

A little review and interview from the Acidted music blog:

https://acidted.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/herd-arteater/
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Come to daddy, ARTEATER Vinyl...
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Last time I played this I noticed my stylus was giving out so had to wait to get the cash for a new one - finally gave it a listen today though. Definitely your best work yet, I'm enjoying the more noticeably structured elements, particularly the almost industrial section near the end of side 2. Some incredibly detailed stuff in there. Not sure it benefits from having to flip sides halfway through, I'd say it's a record that would suit CD over vinyl. Otherwise, really nice.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Cheers mate.The general consensus has been that side 2 works better.The decision to have a vinyl release was entirely down to the label.Although I did enjoy the opportunity to produce some cover art in that format.
beetles
Expander

Re: The HERD thread - New mix

Post by beetles »

dubmasta
Ill Flower

Re: The HERD thread - New Headphone Commute mix

Post by dubmasta »

My copy arrived yesterday, gonna give it a good and careful spin on the weekend!

I had killed a man...a man who looked like me