Five Minutes Alone Thread

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Re: Five Minutes Alone Thread

Post by dubmasta »

It seems its been almost a year since I last updated this thread, after all this time Im delighted to announce that my track "October" is featured on the wonderful compilation by Inner Ocean together with works by Ross and Off Land. "Futures Vol. 1" is out now, check it out...

http://shop.inneroceanrecords.com/album/futures-vol-1
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

An outstanding selection of artists, and October is an absolutely incredible track. Definitely give this one a check guys!
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

The dream goes on, more news coming soon...
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Delighted to announce that my track Boarderlands is featured on SEQUENCE8 compilation by Futuresequence which is out now! This piece was written for and is dedicated to my homeplace FSOLboard and to the whole Terminal crew. Thanks to all of you guys for the support and help thru these difficult years!

OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Congratulations! I shall be downloading this album later today. I've always enjoyed the Sequence Series. Sad that they're not going to be putting them out anymore.
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Excellent news Dimitris very happy to see you on this comps, downloading now , can´t wait more for listen!
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Fucking good

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

To spice things up a bit until my current musical projects are in progress, so that this thread shows some sign of life, my friend Aevin came over a couple of days ago for a cup of coffee, here is something we recorded for fun. i must say investing in Electribe ESX-1 was of one the best choices I ever made regarding buying gear, I just love this babe.

dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

In other news first Five Minutes Alone music video is coming soon on...

epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Just checked out a couple of your tracks - really cool. I just listened to Mystery of the Yeti before listening to those and I'm feeling pretty chilled out right now 8-) I presume the name "Five Minutes Alone" isn't related to the Pantera song?
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

epitome wrote:I presume the name "Five Minutes Alone" isn't related to the Pantera song?
Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad you liked the music. The name "Five Minutes Alone" comes from the Pantera song and there is a reason for that, apart from the fact that many of my ambient works if not most are inspired and/or affected by Pantera and Anselmo's vocals.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

dubmasta wrote:
epitome wrote:I presume the name "Five Minutes Alone" isn't related to the Pantera song?
Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad you liked the music. The name "Five Minutes Alone" comes from the Pantera song and there is a reason for that, apart from the fact that many of my ambient works if not most are inspired and/or affected by Pantera and Anselmo's vocals.
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I knew you'd say that. Its no secret that Im a metalhead and been a headbanger all my life, Pantera, Gojira and Sepultura are my favorite metal bands (not counting TOOL). Yes, damn serious, to be honest I even scream out Anselmo's stuff while recording ambient. Sounds odd but its true. FMA might sound serene and atmospheric but it's filled with rage and paranoia, if you have heard my Dead Polis mixes for TR you can hear that. Planning to begin a thrash/punk/hardcore/alt band after October with my mates, me on rhtyhm guitar and vocals.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

dubmasta wrote:I knew you'd say that. Its no secret that Im a metalhead and been a headbanger all my life, Pantera, Gojira and Sepultura are my favorite metal bands (not counting TOOL). Yes, damn serious, to be honest I even scream out Anselmo's stuff while recording ambient. Sounds odd but its true. FMA might sound serene and atmospheric but it's filled with rage and paranoia, if you have heard my Dead Polis mixes for TR you can hear that. Planning to begin a thrash/punk/hardcore/alt band after October with my mates, me on rhtyhm guitar and vocals.
I thought I'd better check you were serious as ambient and Pantera aren't obviously connected :)

That's cool though. I'm into a lot of metal (including Pantera) as well as punk, grunge, etc, and of course various electronic styles including ambient. It's cool that you use influences from one end of the spectrum to aid you at the other end :)