Loose Link Thread - New Album In The Works

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: Loose Link Thread - New Album In The Works

Post by mcbpete »

Woah that's awesome news man - Congratulations on the set, hope it all goes awesomely :)
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Hey all. Quick re-cap. The show at Brixton went pretty well. There was abit of confusion on the times, and my set was about to extend to 2 hours instead of one... only to find out the guy after me did indeed turn up, so didn't really play too much of the set I was planning on playing, but did have the chance to play around with the tracks, some in the planned sequence. Guess that's not a rare thing that DJ's experience :) The response was good. Unfortunately the set wasn't recorded and so far to my knowledge I don't think anybody else recorded it either. But there are other opportunities to play live again in the future, I'll keep you guys posted, and will defo be prepared to record those!

During which, I started making one take DJ sets before the gig, I'm calling these Synk-Links, as I seem to generally want to sync two tracks tightly together before crossfading over to the next. It will be an on-going series either when I feel like it or when I'm planning something, check them out here, Volume III captures abit of what I was going for in my live set:

http://www.mixcloud.com/Loose_Link/

Lastly, did a little mix and interview for the Ambient Online podcast, another sort of Loose Link ISDN full of WIP material for World Building, plus collaborations:

World Building is coming along slowly, as usual. Though been making progress and been very happy with where its going. I have settle on a good 18-20 tracks that I'm working on now to make them sound interesting, including collaborations with a lot of you. A very collaborative, spirit and time capturing, and even semi-narrative journey coming up, I think you guys are defo going to enjoy it!
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Yeah, the tracks on that podcast are great, looking forward to hearing the final thing very much. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Glad the Brixton show went well. Really wish we'd been able to make it over to that one, sadly life gets in the way once again :/
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Better keep y'all updated! I did a mix for the Drifts radio show on RWD FM. More of a EccoPlex flavour than a Terminal one, but still a wicked 2hr trip! My guest mix comes in at the 45 minute mark and features a preview of a new Analog Dreams track in the works called "Malaka", plus a ton of others :) :

The Adda Allures EP will be coming out soon on AMDiscs, the same place that handled Nmesh's recent output, keep an eye out:

http://amdiscs.com/

After that in the near future sometime will be the Analog Dreams and Hyperbird EPs. As always, enjoy the trip!
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ah awesome man, congrats on the AMDiscs release!
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Great news! Hope that I can hear the Hyperbird EP sooner than later ;)
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Fantastic news Craig,look forward new stuff from you , great !
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Right, look, I don't mind waiting. As long as you tell me the date or the general idea of when it would be coming, then waiting is fine (only FSOLDigital is the exception to that :)).

But if you keep re-labelling it, release a 1000 things inbetween time, and not answer those general once a week replies asking when in the schedule it would be coming, all in the end, so far, for a free release basically, then no, fuck you. I get that felling that its fallen by the wayside and it will never get released.

So, no more waiting: here's The Adda Allures EP for y'all! Available to download from my bandcamp page. Partly due because of Nmesh releasing the remix contained (wicked package if you haven't checked it out yet!), but mostly because I'm sick of playing the waiting game with the label this was going to appear on.

Contained within is a unique three (or four if you include the remix!) part suite version of the titular track. Featuring a intro done alongside Sy Haze, otherwise known as LMS on TR, and London underground poet The Alternative Sapien, plus an epic outro accompanied by the crazy words of one of the dark electronic poets himself: Noisesurfer!

The Allures vibe continues with Mischapex's excellent remix, then we finally see Nmesh's epic rework of Electron Mace out on a Loose Link release. Lastly,we end off with a special version of a track dedicated to my desceased mother who passed away earlier this year, a special collaboration with my brother who plays on guitar. The whole EP actually is dedicated to her.

Its no secret to some of you that for a while I've not been in much of a music making mood, though its slowly starting to pick up again. I always wanted this to be a nice stopgap in the meantime, since its been finished for quite a while.
Due to poor communication however, I will have to make it so myself. Enjoy and thanks for waiting:

https://looselink.bandcamp.com/album/th ... allures-ep
Ross

Post by Ross »

Cool stuff, grabbing now. Sorry to hear the label didn't work out! Sometimes they can be like that, sadly (I'm still waiting on a tape release that was promised in January to be released in "the spring" - sigh)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

The remix collection is awesome :)
- Max likes it too :D
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross

Post by Ross »

This EP is really great man. Despite it being largely collabs and remixes, it flows brilliantly and is really coherent. Great to hear some of your new productions out there properly. :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

For those of you who aren't aware, the second Loose Link album 'Neo Tropico' is out now - my tape just arrived in the post today.