Loose Link Thread - New Album In The Works

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: Loose Link Thread - Next Release: "Karramantha"

Post by mcbpete »

Woah that ['tima] one is wild huh ?!
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Thanks guys for your comments. Karra did seem abit long in the tooth, but I knew that with the variety in the mixes it can carry itself through the 90 minutes. One of the main things I told people was to really cut the samples up and add your own sounds, most did that, thanks to all the remixers who joined :)

Don't know if I'd attempt anything like it again, maybe if it ever did come down to it and I receive over 50 or 100 remixes of one track... might release it all in one go... for giggles :P

At the moment I am in a collaboration which could result in a couple of releases in the future, I've asked a couple here already about it, but we're looking to collaborate with others, you are all welcome to join, send me a pm if you're interested.

And also, I guess the main sessions for "Loose Link II" have started. Been working on a few Link tracks over the last few days. I'm being much more laid back about this one than the previous one. Even when it was done over a month, by the end I wanted to finish Random Proportions quickly and release it within 2010 (for some reason :P). I'm not fussed at all about II, so you'll not see it in 2011. My future mixes will include the tracks I'll be thinking about putting on II. For now you can hear some early versions on the RSSTHNKNN EP.

Thanks again for downloading and listening! :)
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Yes, I'm very familiar with that 'must get it out now and released' feeling - that's what led to a few of my annoying subpar releases last year. It's quite nice to get back to the frame of mind of working on an album at its own pace and allowing it to grow.
Am I right in thinking the second album will be less based around samples?
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

I think a few of the tracks will still use samples, one track I've done is basically a sample-fest, though it was going to be a VJamm for youtube, but I scrapped it and turned it into a song.

I'm still thinking of this as being a free release again at the moment. I think the main goal with this one is to make it more original, and not as strung together as I thought Random was. My library this time will have more of my own sounds I've created with VSTs and other programs instead of just grabbing from other songs.

I have a few more ideas about songs I want to do now as well, with Random I had no clue lol. So there should be alot more outtakes than last time :D
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

LooseLink wrote:One of the main things I told people was to really cut the samples up and add your own sounds, most did that, thanks to all the remixers who joined :)
Just to say that for my remix (and every remix I do for people), that I used nothing but the original samples for mine. So no additional synths, drum machines etc. just the original supplied wav files that then get heavy mutilation. I like the challenge of trying to come up with something that sounds nothing like the original, however using just the sound sources of the original track. I can never work out if that's a really disrespectful way of doing a remix...
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

It's why on Autumn Sned Moor Bess got you a co-writing/co-production credit. ;)
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Loose Link Thread - Karramantha Out Now!

Post by LooseLink »

Thanks for the words on Karramantha Ross. There's a new Loose Link track on the new Sirona Records anniversary compliation: Sincerity Is The Key. Its to celebrate their 300th release and 1 millionth download, and its a big bugger: 118 tracks, over 9 hours long on 7 cds! Have fun getting through this one :D :

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Loose Link Thread - Karramantha Out Now!

Post by LooseLink »

Loose Link is now on Bandcamp. a majority of my releases under Loose Link, Reset Thinking, Stopscape, collabs with Clockwork Keyboard and Option Command+Friends plus most of my mixes so far are all available in multiple formats. It will be updated over time, have fun!:

http://looselink.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Loose Link Thread - Now On Bandcamp!

Post by LooseLink »

There's a couple of new mixes out:

Loose Link - The Sleeplessness Mix:

Clockwork Keyboard - Techno Mix By Sven Meyer:
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Loose Link Thread - Tibol Lowbit Festival

Post by LooseLink »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Both Loose Link and Clockwork Keyboard will perform at the Tibol Lowbit Festival this year in the Netherlands.

"Live Streaming / or on demand listening of the festival:
The LOBIT Music Festival will be available as a live stream on Unicode Music radio stream and also available after that on demand at: Tibol Lobit Radio.
after the festival we will try to compile it aa down-loadable release on archive.org with the help of Sirona Records.
So if you are not able to make your way to the wonderful village of Lobith
for some crazy wacky reason, you are not going to miss out on these wonderful lobit sounds created by your favorite lobit artists..

Festival description:
Martin L King had a dream but Tibol had one dream too; the realisation of a true Lobit music festival featuring a variety of great known and lesser known international lobit artists from all over the globe. to come together, have fun, and perform their art/music/poetry/sounds how they want it to a small but interested crowd.
Today we finally got the money and the time together to organize this joyful event.

The festival will be held in the village Lobith in The Netherlands, close near the german border with lots of water surrounding it. The performances will be held in some secret locations in and around Lobith. We will keep you up to date where to catch your favorite act or lobit artists.

Mystery Date:
The festival will be held at a mystery date. please keep an eye to this website. and keep your agenda free somewhere at the in the middle of the year 2012!"

They're still looking for people so give them an e-mail at toxicchicbkk@gmail.com if you're interested. Keep an eye on http://lobitmusicfestival.wordpress.com/ for news.
LooseLink
Expander

Re: Loose Link Thread - The KGP Out Now! / An Update

Post by LooseLink »

Out of the dry spell this year, The KGP collaboration with Jason Kavanagh is out on Sirona:

Not much to report on the Loose Link front as of now, I'll try and attempt to do some solo work before year's end, either an EP or a mix. LL2 has quite a concept behind it compared to the first, much like Lifeforms and Dead Cities did, an attempt to build a musical world around a theme. For me to do that I'll have to wait and clear my head before diving in.

Before that happens, you'll might see some Strumazdale, and I'll finish that remix I'm meant to do for a certain someone on this board (sorry dude!!)

One thing I'm into and taking abit of my time atm is animation. Working on a showreel of sorts, feel free to follow here:

http://theceeg.newgrounds.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/craiggillman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

My brand new remix of Nmesh's Terminal Interface is up on my Soundcloud, hope you guys enjoy it:

LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Finished a remix of 808 State's "Joyrider" from Don Solaris. It was probably going to be one of my first remixes ages ago but I never finished it... until now:

LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

I'll be guesting on the next Indigo Dreams radio show on Fnoob, hosted by Lingua Lustra. Join us October 15!

LooseLink
Expander

Re: Loose Link Thread - New Album In The Works

Post by LooseLink »

This Sunday, October 20th, I will be a guest on the Mythic Beat radio show on ArtXFM, this time with an epic near 50 minute mix featuring exclusive sneak peaks of tracks in progress for my upcoming next album, plus collaborations and a whole more, plus there will be a live interview!

Tune in 11pm - 1am EST on ArtXFM!:

www.artxfm.com