It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:05 am

My first song

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
  • Author

xerkon

Amoeba

My first song

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Hey all, just uploaded my first song to soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/xerkon/won

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for listening!

xerkon

Concept

Jelly Legs

Re: My first song

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 pm

Very cool. : )

I really like the panning and the variation in melody towards the end. It has a good sense of progression.

xerkon

Amoeba

Re: My first song

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Thank you so much, Concept! It could certainly use some more work but I'm pretty happy with it for a first track. Some of the rhythm parts were me on my djembe which I recorded with a Blue Yeti mic. Everything else was done on my super-duper totally rad $99 dollar Casio keyboard running through my incredibly sophisticated also-$99 Tascam US-2x2 USB audio interface and then mixed in Audacity for free. It doesn't sound too bad considering I used around 300 dollars worth of equipment (djembe was a gift from my pa.) To be honest, all the greatest gear in the world would be totally wasted on me at this point. Maybe when I learn a little more I can upgrade a bit. Cheers!

I forgot to mention, the Korean (which translates to "Ladies and gentlemen we are ready to race with pair number one), "go to the start," "ready," whistle and starting pistol were all sampled from the Olympics.

xerkon

Amoeba

xerkon - second track

PostFri Aug 17, 2018 6:02 am

New track, this one I started with 20 or 30 little clips of a guy talking and built all the "instruments" from speeding up, slowing down and layering, among other things. The only effects I used were reverb and a stretching effect. It's not too shabby, considering.

https://soundcloud.com/xerkon/song-of-solomon

Return to Music Making