It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:18 am

Best cheap hardware sequencer?

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
  • Author

Concept

Amoeba

Best cheap hardware sequencer?

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 am

Hi folks : ).

I'm looking to get into making some music. Ambient breakzy stuff preferably. I'd prefer to use a hardware sequencer at first due to the tactile nature of the hardware and the ease of use of having something with a synth and a drum machine built in (preferably with a sampler).

What are the options for a beginner in this area, and have things moved on in this area from the days of the MC-303/RMX1?

Advice appreciated. : )

mcbpete

Not a clue

Re: Best cheap hardware sequencer?

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Ross might be able to suggest otherwise (as I believe he's going more and more hardware orientated), but I'd honestly suggest starting with software first for making music and if you want the tactile nature of hardware get a generic midi controller like the Korg Nano range

eg.

or

It could be that you start making tracks with all that hardware and find out it's not for you, but as you've written the above I'm guessing you have a computer so are ready to go already with no expense to worry about !

Ross

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

Re: Best cheap hardware sequencer?

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 11:15 pm

I don't have a sequencer, just a bunch of synths (with built in sequencers like the Volcas), so I can't help sadly!

Return to Music Making