Produced some tunes + mix page

Make some music, have some musical tips or questions ? Well, why not bung them in here !
Concept
Tingler

Re: Produced some tunes + mix page

Post by Concept »

Ross wrote:
Concept wrote:A Korg sounds like a good idea. I was this close to picking up the Electribe before I went for the Circuit. What's the gear that you most return to? I read in another thread that you're mostly hardware-based these days?
I'd love to be one of those people have has a fairly consistent approach but frankly I just get bored easily. I'll open up a DAW and work on a track and just go "oh God not this again" and scrap the whole thing and go "nope I'm just going to play my guitar this time around".
Out of the DAWs that you've used, which is the one you'd recommend is easiest to get your head around working with midi-gear and structuring wavs in terms of sequencing?
Digitana are doing the building and developing the concepts and sounds themselves with the band, but that's probably as deep as we'll get. They wouldn't want to ruin the mystery.
Aye, that's one of the things I like about them. In this day and age, it's too easy to completely rob something of its mystique.
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Shorter pieces this time around. : )

Quiet Corners

Gate

A call from the unknown

Crack

Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Concept wrote:Out of the DAWs that you've used, which is the one you'd recommend is easiest to get your head around working with midi-gear and structuring wavs in terms of sequencing?
Ableton Live is fairly intuitive, and has both the session and arrange views, which means you can use it as a standard DAW for sequencing, or use it more like a groovebox and do on-the-fly live stuff (which can they be edited in the arrange window like a DAW later). It's easy to understand why it's so popular these days.

That said for MIDI and audio integration, my personal favourite is actually Reaper, which I use if I'm not doing live jams or heavy audio treatments.
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

I had a free download come with the Circuit for Ableton Live, but you need to register the device with a number underneath its bar code and before I updated it's firmware a few weeks ago, it had got scuffed to the point of being unreadable. Sucks. : (

I know I need to get into a software sequencer sooner or later though. Audacity is great, but it feels like what it actually is - an audio editor. Lining 8 to 10 waveforms up together, even if they're in the same tempo, can be tricky to keep track of when you're cutting up to and fro.

Anyway, did some more tracks today.

Schism

Shell

To the One who made the beautiful music

Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

First track with vocals in.

Beyond Time's Past

xerkon
Hardhead

Post by xerkon »

I like the artwork almost as much as the songs! Right on!
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Thanks. : )

Third album up and done.

Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Fourth album down.

Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

First remix. We Have Explosive.

xerkon
Hardhead

Post by xerkon »

Wonderful! For some weird unknown reason I kept picturing myself on a slab in an alien lab (bonus for the rhyme!) waiting to be operated on. Made me want to say, "I think I'm a bit afraid," in the best of ways. Did you sample from the track? Which version of it?
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Yeah, I sampled from the album version in several places. Tried to mix it with Gamelan and retro computer sounds, because... why not?

New Track. Abstracted ambientosis.

Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Last edited by Concept on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Something a bit lighter.

And something a bit darker.

Another.