Page 1 of 1

State of your country/culture

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:42 pm
by seedy
the topic here is really broad and i'm not even sure where i am going with it but basically i wonder how you all are doing in your respective countries

here in the USA many are starting to feel like we've lost our collective minds. i think a combo of media/politics has created a very contentious atmosphere (on purpose) - we are constantly pitted against each other. the internet and social media is sending us down an ugly spiral too. i feel like propaganda is at a high we haven't seen in decades. i feel like we're going to shit with our clueless and entitled youth and my best bet is to keep quiet and stick to myself and my family while the world burns.

the political correctness, the hypocrisy, the groupthink
people just seem to be in a perpetual state of anger and/or outrage

is this what it's like to turn into a grumpy old man?
i barely even have the energy for the level of disgust i have about certain topics affecting today's society

ok end rant
*deep breath*

i feel a tiny bit better :P

Re: State of your country/culture

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:49 pm
by Pandemonium
seedy wrote:is this what it's like to turn into a grumpy old man?

- Yup, that's probably it :)

The world is globalizing Seedy, there isn't much difference in the state of culture in the so-called free world.
The rich (first world) countries aren't going forward, they are barely standing in place and some of them are even going backwards.
The result - they are becoming more and more the same as the 2nd/3rd world countries - but not in the process of going forward / evolution, but in a process of going backwards in the world of politics and media that keep the mediocre people in line and in the dark. And the statistics say that 90% of the people are mediocre (read: stupid) and the rest of the 10% rarely even get a chance at "normal" life.

And don't judge USA too harshly, in spite all it's flaws it's still one of the few countries (and they are VERY few, like... 7 or 8) where it's possible to be stupid and still have enough money for "normal" life and experience the living like a normal human being.

And on the other end, amazing things happen every day... The best of humanity still goes on it's own pace as it did 50-100 years ago. Amazing leaps in science, medicine, astrology, even MUSIC and some other arts... It all comes down to a point of view eventually. But you can't expect something amazing from the masses and the mediocre people - they never did anything to move the world forward - so in a way, exploiting them kind of comes naturally. Things aren't today the way they are because some higher being set them that way, or some illuminati sect set them that way - they are the way they are because they can not be any other way, not with the level of IQ of the 90% of the world population.
- Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass philosopher here, I too am probably in those 90%, trying to survive. Maybe I'll do something amazing some day, at least I'm trying (many people on this board do). Understanding something and being that thing are two very different things - the latter requires tons of work, IQ, talent, and a little bit of luck :)

Re: State of your country/culture

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:02 am
by seedy
i'm interested in what you think is regressing in the first world. i see it happening in so many ways.
idk, it doesn't help that my mentality is different from what seems like the majority of people these days.

Re: State of your country/culture

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:28 am
by Pandemonium
- that's is just too long to explain, and too little time...

In short, over-saturation with all the wrong things to keep the youth occupied with all the bullshit, while the real things needed in life are nowhere to be found...

Re: State of your country/culture

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:01 pm
by seedy
well i can at least agree with that top level view ;)