Thanks to you all

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
seedy
Antique Toy

Thanks to you all

Post by seedy »

going through some pretty hard times at home and such and just want to take a min to thank you guys for being my friend

we don't really get into too much personal stuff or branch too far away from the wonderful world of music but i would have this with any of you any time because through all of these years i have a great sense of your character - so many of you!

i've somewhat lost all of the real world friends i have due to being such a hermit. it's by choice and it isn't. i AM a homebody....i am the type that's often well consumed with himself and the immediate family etc. but i'm also hella busy to the degree that i really don't care to focus on anything else but the "task at hand" which is my family. so i haven't really lost these friends per se....but i've surely lost touch.

and so that really leaves you guys and thus in the manliest way possible i just want to extend my love and respect and thanks to you all. sometimes this environment and the treatment a person gets here is just what's needed.
this place has never been anything but a positive light in my life. good laughs, amazing knowledge of music, enthusiasms that i share, help with whatever is asked, .....the list goes on. what a world we carved out for ourselves here and i can only hope that you all get what i do from it.

so take that mcpete! and you too ross.
we've got pande and other diehards that have brought this place to the next level but you two truly are the reason for all of this and i really thank you for your dedication and efforts. and here you bastards thought this place was only about ISDN archiving and the like :P

come on 2015 - help a guy out. god knows my intentions are damn pure :(

ps - none of you USA folk better be a stranger if you are in the NY/NJ/PA area!
and you peeps not here in the USA - please believe you have help and a place to crash should you ever cross the pond to get here.

one can dream.....i really hope i can shake as many of your hands as possible one day
even if we're 90 years old at that point :)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Thanks to you all

Post by Pandemonium »

Well, I don't know what to say actually... :)

I also agree that very few people (maybe 4-5) know me (musically) the way the regulars from the Board know me.

And I also hope that, by some miracle, we all gather one day and have a few drinks.
- Like (of the top of my head), if anyone from the regulars wins a lotto - swears that he'll pay tickets/hotel for everyone too meet in London :D
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yeah that would be too awesome :)

lol musically nobody gets me at all
i'm on an island when it comes to this
i have one friend who would like anything i play for him....but he still isn't invested like i am - at all
just another thing about you folks that is so rewarding....
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Yeah, don't forget about your UK doppleganger as well seedy! ;) Nice words, this is a cool place with cool people :)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

seedy wrote:i've somewhat lost all of the real world friends i have due to being such a hermit. it's by choice and it isn't. i AM a homebody....i am the type that's often well consumed with himself and the immediate family etc. but i'm also hella busy to the degree that i really don't care to focus on anything else but the "task at hand" which is my family. so i haven't really lost these friends per se....but i've surely lost touch.
You're pretty much describing my life at the moment too - If I'm not at work doing (well, work!) I'm at home just hanging out with my two flat mates, or I'm going to see family (either my family here in London or that down in Devon). That's pretty much all I've done for the last 12-ish months. Occasionally I seem to have 5 minutes of creative space and I produce a cute little loop but that's as far as my music is going at the moment.

I don't know where time goes - there's a leak somewhere where I used to be able to spend hours musicing away, I miss those days :(
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Glad to be part of the FSOL community. I'm not exactly one of the most active posters, but nevertheless I look forward to visiting everyday.

Keep it cool, seedy!
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

nobody forgets you're here for a second razorjack!

thanks for the words guys

i really hope at one point i can say that things have gotten better and my dream is still alive
i'm trying to make things right but there is a lot i'm up against :(
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Oh my own personal problems I would not begin to dump on you all, but this is one of my absolute favourite little corners of the internet and it definitely brightens up my day when we get a good discussion going around here. :) Cheers to all of you!
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

well ross...as petty as it might be perceived - i'm truly here to listen if you ever need someone to talk to
PM and all that good stuff

we're locked in tighter than what the light banter this place produces would lead one to believe
well at least i feel that way about yall :oops: