Now this is a religion I can subscribe to!

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
seedy
Antique Toy

Now this is a religion I can subscribe to!

Post by seedy »

:P
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: Now this is a religion I can subscribe to!

Post by seedy »

i've watched this about 30 times now thx
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

hmmmmm.....well anyway

star trek REALLY was ahead of it's time
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... eda3755f50
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

My love and respect towards Star Trek is the only thing that comes close to the respect I have for FSOL :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

ha i might have known that

so....does that make you a star wars hater?

not always the case but it's a common one!
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Any sane person that has seen both Star Trek and Star Wars (and has seen everything, every episode, every movie) - and is not biased by default - should come to the same conclusion:

- they really can not and should not be compared.

- Star Trek is hard-core sci-fi with MASSIVE storylines, 700+ episodes and a dozen movies (most of the movies are bad though, but that's not the point). Star Trek happens in real places in our galaxy, in the not-to-distant future.
- Star Wars is a classic epic adventure story and just happens to have sci-fi elements. They have 6 movies and some cartoon series... which happen in a fictional galaxy far-far away. If you think about it, Star Wars is closer to Indiana Jones than to Star Trek.

I guarantee you that 90% of people who say Star Wars is better haven't watched more than 15 episodes (and maybe a movie) of Star Trek - and they have no basis to compare them... but still are strongly opinionated that Star Wars is better :) Also, most people don't know the basic laws of physics and space-travel, so because of that, they find Star Trek boring (you know, stupid find everything except action-packed movies boring)... It's a long debate/story so I'm just gonna stop here... :)
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Star Wars is fantasy with space ships. Not sci-fi in any real terms.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

well regardless they do often get compared and many times i see the trekkies hating on star wars but not so much the opposite scenario

i guess like you guys are scripting it star trek is just more "hardcore". with so much MORE out there it's easy to say there is a much larger and more detailed world in star trek

i've always liked both but prefer star wars. i think i was just the perfect age for this one. i watched a ton of star trek at the time too but likely understood it a bit less.

nowadays you have the lord of the rings/star wars debate that happens at times too

kinda worried the direction that star wars has headed in recent years though. hard to fathom but it seems more corporate and marketed than ever. like it's becoming oversaturated. i haven't been following the details at all so hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Well... Mr. Abrams managed to make Star Trek shittier with the last to movies... They are not that bad as some Trekkies pumped them up to be - but they really could've been great and maybe start another series... but that's unlikely now, I think...

And now the same director will (probably) screw up Star Wars too, because JJ Abrams is a great producer but really shitty director.

Then again, we live in age when movies are just effects and more effects, and a good movie is very VERY hard to find, so no matter who'd direct these movies, they'd turn out a disappointment, more or less...