Will Facebook kill this board?

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Will Facebook kill this board?

Post by Pandemonium »

Guys, we're a small community.
Most of us joined FB in the past 12 months... almost all of us hate it, but use it...

Looking at your FSOL activity on FB and here on the board... - it's kinda obvious you do more there...

Latest example, I saw most of you talking about the last ENV-5 'coming soon' clip for (at least) 10 hours before someone posted it here on the board...

I'm kinda worried... :)
- please don't let us become an FB FSOL group just because there are more people there :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: Will Facebook kill this borad?

Post by mcbpete »

Naw, it's all grand - different user base. There's fb pages for Squarepusher, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Plaid and Chris Clark and yet WATMM remains being a huge site.

Don't forget we've the whole 'Terminal' chat on here, general music related to FSOL and now Ross' ever growing archive of all things FSOL
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Anything that isn't posted on the official Facebook page will still get discussed here, which means this place has a purpose and importance. It's not going anywhere. :)
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i won't be leaving this place or frequenting facebook until i'm bloody forced to :P
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

FSOL Board is so much better than Facebook.
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

That is 100% correct mr. offland :)

I was/am worried about the activity of this place...
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

It gets quiet from time to time but I'm on here everyday, even if I'm not posting anything.
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I was surprised by the lack of discussion following the teaser for Environment(s) Five. Is that because it's being discussed on FB somewhere then? (I've liked FSOL on FB of course).
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Well yes, finally someone got my point :)

- E5 teaser was discussed more on FB (not just FSOL page, there are like 5 of them, also FSOL group, and other music groups)
in terms of people who are here on the board discussed it / shared it like 10 hours before it was mentioned here on the Board - and because it was discussed - it got no talk on the board...

- on the other hand we discussed E5 here since March...

PS - inside info for the Board readers :) - B&G are currently on vacations (not together I assume, they started the vacations a week apart) - and when they get back - we can expect some cool cool stuff :) - (...the fsolboard interview too...)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Pandemonium wrote:- on the other hand we discussed E5 here since March...
That's the thing, the youtube announcement on here was more of a 'right OK it's now officially been mentioned' which is probably big news to the facebook group but as you say we'd been talking about the thing for months already !
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Right now I'm just eager for a release date. Are we still thinking it will be out this month?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

There is a chance it will be released at the very end of the month...
- depends on how long their vacations are :)
- and maybe they already finished everything and now it's just a question of legal processing and maybe someone else (say Graham) gets these things done - like physical printing and J&P record number...
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Good news :)

And are there any hints at how long this one might be? I do miss the days (even though I've only been listening to FSOL for a few years) of their albums being 70+ (or 90+) minutes.

I suppose this should be back in the under-used Environments Five thread now!
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

There's no way I'll be going over to fakebook to discuss FSOL. Even if I'm the only one left on here occasionally chattering to myself about them! I've got a bad feeling about Facebook - I don't like the idea of people putting their whole lives and info on there - seems a bit weird to me and also all the people who announce life changing news on there - like "today I'm going to buy a new sofa!" - Fuck off!
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Environments 5 is long finished, it's just a case of getting the release together, physical and distribution. If there's going to be a vinyl version, it'll take longer as the lead time on vinyl is 6-8 weeks compared to the 1-2 of CDs. Album will be longer than the others, I think. They were considering the possibility of a double album so it'll definitely be a longer one.