300 Million Year Old Machinery Found In Russia

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
dubmasta
Ill Flower

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found In Russia

Post by dubmasta »

The Voice of Russia and other Russian sources are reporting that a 300 million year old piece of aluminum machinery has been found in Vladivostok. Experts say a gear rail appears to be manufactured and not the result of natural forces...

http://altering-perspectives.com/2013/0 ... nd-in.html
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: 300 Million Year Old Machinery Found In Russia

Post by seedy »

haha this is silly to me

i'm completely open to ancient unknown civilizations and all that....i'm very skeptical of the conclusions science often presents......but to me this is more of the same mumbo jumbo.

i think it's funny when scientists so matter of fact can state something is 300 million or 500 million years old.
well you know....maybe he's off by a mere 100 million years or something, no biggie lol

to me this is all a stretch and some wishful thinking.
i like asking the questions and continuing to explore though

article is shady....they talk about that dorchester pot which most say is not even close to as old as some say it is. in fact it's noted that anyone with a moderate understanding of ancient art etc. would know this immediately. this stuff is composed to entertain us know nothings i think!

http://www.badarchaeology.com/?page_id=300
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I think its nice food for thought no matter how crazy it might sound. I dont know if they are going for the hype or something but technology nowadays allows such estimations, even if they are not very accurate. Considering the fact that the Murchison meteorite that fell in Australia in 1969 is estimated by scientists to be around 4.5 billion years old, 100 million years would not be an issue in this case. Life is weird anyway, so who knows (if this story is for real and not a fraud).
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

see....numbers like that "4.5 billion years old" i think is completely pulled out of the asss

i put absolutely zero stock into "educated" guesses like that

i don't believe we truly know when the pyramids were built etc.

ah.....i'll try not to get myself worked up here
the combination of "science" and the way media portrays and conveys it pisses me off :P
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Well, if there has been what they call the Big Bang, then the numbers can be huge. Nobody claims this stuff is for sure, not even the experts on the subject or the brightest brains, thats why they call it a hypothesis.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Seedy, there are very accurate chemical processes that record the degradation of Carbon atoms to determine age.
Also some other new techniques, don't know exactly, chemistry isn't my thing.

So, I'm not talking about the first post here, but those numbers aren't out-of-the-ass :)

Also, there are 3 different methods that determine the age of the universe, our solar system and our planet, and they all give the same numbers - more or less...

Also, there is a whole scenario that works out the years after a civilization is forever forgotten. For example, if every last human ceased to exist tomorrow, in about 5 to 7000 years every trace of our "great" civilization will be lost almost forever and if someone came to Earth it would took heavy digging and a huge amount of luck to find some evidence of our present civilization. It's really sad ... Really sad... but it's a fact ... In detail here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_After_People

PS - the pyramids are where they are for a reason, I've seen them and they are really spectacular and timeless, but if they were in India, Europe or anywhere more wet, they wouldn't last 800 years - so maybe there were pyramids all over the globe...
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

oh i know carbon dating and such
i'm still a general and overall skeptic of a lot of things ;)

to me it's just like...the further back in time you are talking, the more distant, more microscopic......let's just say the more "foreign" the concept or focus is (because we have less info)......the more i have to just label it silly. and not so much the idea of theory and best guess and all that....just the way that it's so often presented and accepted as fact or damn near it. in some ways it kind of breeds a level of close minded thinking idk. people stop asking questions because you know, mystery solved!
then there's the whole "global climate change is all our fault" thing....i have a hard time swallowing stuff like this.
i feel like we really don't know much in the grand scheme of things. as for the earth warming etc.... whatever let's pollute less , let's try to make some less toxic stuff sure. to me that just adds up to something like don't shit on your living room floor or some other piece of common sense. i can't get all militant and doomsday about it though
yeah i know, most people call me crazy. i'm ok :)

interesting about the pyramids...i mean we obvs have other old structures but i guess you mean the shape or types of stone?

a friend of mine actually just got back from machu picchu and i'm waiting to see his pics - lucky bastard!
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

... and now Scientists say that we are part of a giant hologram formed by energy of a blackhole:

http://rt.com/news/space-evidence-unive ... ogram-195/

"In physics, the 'holographic principle' is a property described in string theory. It represents a volume of space whose entire information can be imagined as encoded on a boundary of that selected space. The holographic principle started by first observing black hole thermodynamics. There, it was noticed that the informational content of all the objects that got sucked in by the hole can be seen in a scaled sense on the hole's event horizon. "

We never know all the true about where we come from and where we go...we are a millionth micro path of this...
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

the hologram principle and few other wonky ones are best described here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1916033/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yeah i don't get that hologram thing really
i think the concept is just too abstract or complex for me to wrap my head around

like wouldn't "hologram" suggest that life on earth isn't "real"??
if so....then who is dreaming all of this up?
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

seedy wrote:the combination of "science" and the way media portrays and conveys it pisses me off :P
Sign of the times, man.. sign of the times. National Geographic showing speculative shows about all kinds of BS, it's just part of the intellectual and spiritual decline.

The whole "the climate change theory is conspiracy" is an idea lobbied by the industry who obviously don't like paying their environmental fees :twisted:
The climate change is by caused both, the earth itself and and the increasing pollution. It's just a very unfortunate combo..

Greed. That is what is destroying the planet.
from the source flows the endless...