Berzek - the dark legend

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Berzek - the dark legend

Post by Tito Lozano »

Well tonight i watch on my favourite tv program talked about Berzek, the dark legend of the 80´s game ,people talk about of 2 of people that die when they put their names on the top winner of the game...and the game made altered nodes on the minds of 80´s players ....well this game is the sample based of Humanoid track...hope our minds never explode about listen the maxi from Brian XD

Another 2 black legens talked about on progam was "ET from Atari" the game that destroy an international big company

And...
POLYBIUS,another game that tried kill the players on subliminal messages...

http://classic-consoles.com/games/2008/berzerk.html

http://www.sinnesloschen.com/1.php
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: Berzek - the dark legend

Post by mcbpete »

I love the Polybius urban legend, it even made its way into Simpsons -

Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Haha looking at these Atari-games I can now understand the glorious reviews that the games on the sinclair zx spectrum received in the eighties, these games must haved seemed like pure digital heaven to those players compared to the old atari ones. I mean like "wow! 8 colors! All at once at the screen! Those small pixel, hardly recognizable! "(It was something like 180*320 i think) I played a lot on the spectrum back then and revisiting that stuff today via emulators makes me think these were the worst games ever, but something like the ET-game up there really makes me wanna play something action-packed like this:
Magnificient Insignificance
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

8 bit games (more specifically the C64) were definitely what got me into electronic music. So many epic tracks back then, to me pop music /the music I heard in the mainstream just seemed so tame and boring in comparison.

This one has had a very lasting impact on me, I first heard it when I was about 8 - it just builds and builds and builds until it sounds like the SID sound chip has exploded:

I'm gonna ease up on here about talking old skool games, as those that follow me on twitter will know that it's pretty much my second obsession, possibly more so than music ...
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Damn that's some ancient stuff. I'm more of the late SNES generation, that's nostalgic for me :) Still have a working system, and the original cassettes with save games.
billybatts
Tingler

Post by billybatts »

I really want an Android version of Elite
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i'm pretty sure i have a copy of that berzerk game sitting in my closet right now :P
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Tito Lozano wrote: And...
POLYBIUS,another game that tried kill the players on subliminal messages...

http://www.sinnesloschen.com/1.php
... what the fuck was THAT! :shock:

My gaming background was weird and all over the shop, since I lived in a secluded township next to a desert most of my life, where the nearest city was about three hours away. Was informed quite well by a great little newsagency that had the EGMs and Nintendo Magazine Systems and Playstation magazines.. first was the NES, then really wanted the SNES for a long time but couldn't get one, so didn't have a new console until the Playstation in early 1996, then a few years after that in 1998, along with the family's first PC and discovering Windows 95 and gaming, finally got my SNES, the year it died commercially, it still felt like a brand new experience :D

Speaking of ET, they are about to dig the landfill up after 30 or so years, wonder what else they will find...
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Yeah I too was forced to resign the 16-bit experience when it was the shit back in the early 90ies. I only saw pictures of SNES & Sega-stuff in various magazines, I wanted this so bad :cry: When it comes to Videogames even today I prefer playing Emulators of various old-school consoles any stupid hi-definition ultra real ego shooter nonsense. Most of all apealing to me is all that coin up stuff via MAME, even the very early stuff, like Berzerk or Asteroids (still one of my favourites!)
Magnificient Insignificance