PANDE

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: PANDE

Post by seedy »

aspartame is way worse than sugar. i know a few people that it gives almost instant headaches when having a piece of gum or something that contains it

xylitol and stevia are the natural alternatives to sugar
and ofcourse there is honey :)
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Honey coke.. mmmm.. :)

I think that aspartame is advertised as healthy because there isn't any INSTANT proof that it causes health problems. Reading into it, some 2008 research suggests that it may trigger mental disorders *gulp*. That, combined with tobacco..

Oh yeah, no other than Donald Rumsfeld - the biggest scumbag on the planet - removed the ban for Aspartame because of profit.
from the source flows the endless...
Henry Rowe
Hardhead

Post by Henry Rowe »

tryptych wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:I've tried Max and Zero - they just SUCK hard compared to the original
Yeah they do, but I just can't handle that crazy amount of sugar.. and I don't think the aspartame (or whatever they stick into it) is too healthy for you either. I should just quit.

Also, I tend to smoke only when doing something creative (both W&T). I can go days without smoking, and suddenly want a
e cigarette when doing some music or something :D. Meditation (and some light yoga) helps 'tho.. and occupying your mind with other stuff and just hallucinating away :)
Hi tryptych, I was a smoker also but now i am free from it. It’s difficult to stop cigarette smoking, but you can do it. To have the best possibility of giving up and remaining a non-smoker, you need to know what you are up against, what your choices are, and where to go for help.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

So, my new avatar... it's kinda crude, but I like it :)

You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

haha yeah.....took about 1 second to realize that one!

that pic just jumps out at a person who's been used to staring at this forum for so long

i will miss that nice cottage you had in the background.....but change can be fun ;)
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Ha, cool! :)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

What is happening to my city... Apparently a foreign traveler who has no dog in the fight can write the ultimate truth...
- awesome read - every word - and awesome pictures...

-- I can only add:
I'd call the architecture unique and oddly beautiful. If these buildings were restored with modern techniques - it would've been astonishing. But instead, we ended up with some stupid ancient cross-fade styles... We're not living in 2015 apparently... (just google 'Skopje new buildings' - after you read the article)

http://www.yomadic.com/communist-archit ... nzo-tange/

PS - I work in one of those buildings :)

PPS - one more interesting article with cool photos from the same dude:
http://www.yomadic.com/street-photography-macedonia/
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

interesting but i'll need to dig deeper next week or so when time arrives back in my hands

for now i just peeps the pictures

what is the main message of the article?
that macedonia has old but unique architecture which people these days are trying to modernize but often ends up looking fake and forced? and some wish to preserve these old looks but just clean them up a tiny bit for modern times?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

seedy wrote:what is the main message of the article?
that macedonia has old but unique architecture which people these days are trying to modernize but often ends up looking fake and forced? and some wish to preserve these old looks but just clean them up a tiny bit for modern times?
Quite the opposite Seedy :D
- Macedonia has modern architecture from the 60s and the 70s in the Brutal/Concrete style that the People try to restore (pictured in the article), but the current government is force-building new buildings in old / ancient style, mixing a few ancient styles actually - and it all looks rather stupid & Expensive... (google: Skopje new buildings)

- I mean, the new buildings are NEW and look good/OK naturally, but with those budgets we could've have cutting edge Dutch 23rd century buildings...
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

hmmm....i'm not sure i was saying the opposite?

i'm saying you have this unique architecture from the 60s-70s but it's all getting weathered
some wish to restore and retain that look
the gov't however is going about by building these "modern yet old" looking buildings with lots of columns etc.

and your stance is that they should either restore the buildings to retain their retro brutal concrete look.....or they should be making completely modern upgrades that do not look to the past in any way

ps - i am tired. like really tired so there's that lol
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I'm saying they should restore the brutal/concrete building with new Dutch technologies - the loos can remain the same or almost same but the insides - the functionality can surely be upgraded to 2015 :)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

More brutalist sci-fi monuments from the Yugoslavia region.

Most people think these are CGI used for some movies, happening on another planet :)

http://www.lupiga.com/vijesti/zaboravlj ... -svi-stide

Also, most of them are left to rot...
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Stunning imagery Pande, indeed very scimovie concept on old comunist advance-guard architecture
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

awesome

do you know of an english text link for that page pande?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

No seedy, but I'm sure every one of those has a wiki page... too much digging for links right now...