Happy Christmas

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: Happy Christmas

Post by mcbpete »

Pandemonium wrote:You call yourself a FAN??!?? :D
Aye exactly, I've not had any time to commit to anything. And that's not forgetting all the other non-FSOL music I've collated. And not forgetting I originally spent most my time making music. And not forgetting that I spend probably more time with retro and indie games than with music. My pile of everything (films,music,games,books,music apps and plugins) has just become too much - so I've decided enough is enough. No more buying !
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Oh God yeah, my purchases are going to drop massively this year, hopefully limiting myself to only a handful of records over the year - maybe one a month, and a bit of music gear.

Pete - you're seriously going to miss Environments 5?!
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

If I can't hold out getting it till 2015 then I seriously have issues :)
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

mcbpete wrote:Unfortunately this does mean I'm not gonna get round to hearing The Cartel till 2015 as I never got round to buying it last year.
Don't worry I'm sure your resolution will come crashing down soon and you can buy both the Cartell albums ;)

I'm thinking about buying them soon - I don't have any AA stuff yet, and I want to go through it chronologically, but I don't want them to sell out before I get them. I've still got loads of FSOL stuff to listen to yet though, before I even move on to AA :shock: Pande is probably right, I should listen to nothing but FSOL so I can catch up... I have greedy ears though...
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

idk where else to post this so a christmas thread seems fitting enough

:lol:
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I was thinking about making a New Year's present for myself either a Korg Volca Bass synth or a Mini Kaoss Pad 2 effects processor so that I dont have to be stuck in front of the computer screen, but dont know if they are worth it.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

hmmmm.....i will say that your post is in no way a reaction to the post i made before it :P
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

was that to me seedy? :) Just saw Ross mentioning some music gear and wrote down some thoughts of mine in case somebody can give feedback on these two devices.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

lol yes you dub
i get why you made that post

if you read it as a reaction to my post before it though it just comes off as bizarre

just click that link already
i've watched it like 30 times in the past 3 days :P
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

mcbpete wrote:Happy 2014 guys ! I've made a pact with myself to not buy anything in 2014 after spending far too much money this (well technically last) year. Food, drink, clothes & bills will be my only outgoings - I'm finally gonna start enjoying everything I've bought instead of it all getting lost in an ever increasing pile of consumerism.
OK so it now looks like what was a nice little plan of 2014 is actually going to have be a way of living in 2015, I have no money. Like today I had to balance money for Christmas presents for my family with food for the rest of the month. Something went horribly wrong this year in saving and I really have no idea what it was :(
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Sorry to hear that man...
I hear 2014 was the same way for almost everyone here.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

mcbpete wrote:
mcbpete wrote:Happy 2014 guys ! I've made a pact with myself to not buy anything in 2014 after spending far too much money this (well technically last) year. Food, drink, clothes & bills will be my only outgoings - I'm finally gonna start enjoying everything I've bought instead of it all getting lost in an ever increasing pile of consumerism.
OK so it now looks like what was a nice little plan of 2014 is actually going to have be a way of living in 2015, I have no money. Like today I had to balance money for Christmas presents for my family with food for the rest of the month. Something went horribly wrong this year in saving and I really have no idea what it was :(
Perhaps you didn´t any wrong Pete , simply you live now the Europe setback in the economy that are now installed on center-europe;Really sorry to see other people have bad times, and hope things change , be strong man, other year will be better
and you could buy lots of things...now the economy are as sine waves with up & downs very sensitive.
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Sorry to hear that, I hope you (and everyone else) can still have a nice xmas...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Thanks guys, yeah I'm sure it'll be OK - I'm just usually known as the one in the family that buys great gifts for everyone so I feel really bad to disappoint them all.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

that's all material stuff anyway man
imo if a person can't see beyond that then they don't deserve a gift in the first place :P

i'm sure i said it earlier in this thread back whenever.....but yeah i f'n hate christmas
hate with a purple passion
i too have no f'n money for this - yet here i am feeling obligated too

i'll admit that there is a different positive reward that i never had in the past now that i have a kid....but really if i could have a vote i would surely cast away this horrible materialistic guilt ridden poopshow :D