Hurricane Sandy

Anything goes. But keep it clean buster...
seedy
Antique Toy

Hurricane Sandy

Post by seedy »

What a nasty bitch she was :(

For anyone that cares I live in basically ground zero

i'm about 2-3 miles offshore so my home was unaffected

i however have tons of friends and family who's homes were destroyed....including my parents

my f'n PC died in a power surge too! not sure if it's the psu or MB. i'm praying it's just the psu but idk yet

stuff :oops:
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by Pandemonium »

Nasty indeed - nature can be a bitch sometimes...
Good for you that you decided to live offshore - I'm a continental guy myself, my rule is live at least 40km away from salty waters.

About the PC, I hope that the hard-drives with music aren't affected, all other parts are easily replaceable :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by seedy »

ha don't get me wrong....if i could afford to live on the water i would but right now i'm surely lucky to not be that rich!
i'm like the opposite...i NEED to be close to a beach ;)

PC.....well we'll see. my HD was backed up to an external drive so hopefully between the two i still have all my tunes and pictures etc.
one thing that sucks is that if I have to get a new MB then I'll have to reinstall windows etc. and I'll likely end up losing Cakewalk Sonar because my buddy installed it for me with his pirated copy. I do believe I have the discs he used but I'm not sure if I have all of them and more important it appeared to be a pretty complex install which i'm just not tech enough to do :(

just praying praying that I can plug in a new PSU and everything be ok
geez i guess the surge protector i was using is garbage
and i suppose I'll need a UPS once I get this fixed

UGH