Jean Michel Jarre concerts

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
seedy
Antique Toy

Jean Michel Jarre concerts

Post by seedy »

well first of all....these are great docs if you have the time :)

anyway i'm surprised to see that something like that Cairo gig has not yet been released

does anyone have links for quality audio or video rips of any of these huge unreleased concerts? cairo ain't the only one
i'm just beginning my search so i will post any that I run into on my own
cheers! :D
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Jean Michel Jarre concerts

Post by Pandemonium »

Seedy, sometimes I'm really Jealous that you missed some European legends of electronic music and you get to experience them now, post-30 :)

Jarre is a bit commercial, poppy, but still a BIG innovator & true pioneer in the world of electronic music, creation, production, synths, all of it.

Of the top10 biggest (with audience) concerts in the history, I think 6 belong to Jarre - His concerts are insane.

Cairo, Oxygene in Moscow, China, AERO, Rendez-Vous in Space (playing with NASA made synth of lasers), Poland, Concorde... the list is huge...

Here's what I have (it's over 33GBs)
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

oh don't get me wrong....i'm surely way late to the game but i discovered his genius a few years ago ;)
just started watching those docs the other day and really digging into these huge and tailored concerts he's done and then realized that some of them are not commercially available as far as I can see.

i have one officially released DVD though can't recall which show it was
beyond that in audio I have the live albums our little paradise has

i might need your help bro :)
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I'd never use poppy as a criticism. Jarre's done some shit, but it's never been because of its accessibility.

On the other hand, music has always been a very personal thing for me, and I can't think of anything totally at odds with that than those big Jarre concerts. It's incredibly rare you'll find me at a gig with an audience of more than 50-100 people.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Aye Jarre's performances are the David Copperfield of live shows - all flashy flash
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

You explained it better Ross :)
But flashy flashes aside, some of his stuff is essential.

Oxygene in Your Livingroom is a masterpiece (IMHO) :)

Also, these late projects of his, Electronica 1 & 2, have some serious gems in them, (as well as some serious shit) :)

Jean-Michel Jarre on the evolution of music technology
PART 1

PART 2

...You can just see the passion oozing out of him talking about all that gear :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

oh i've got no problems with nothin :)
i think the huge concerts are an awesome undertaking and I would have no issue being at one though I would probably be fighting my way close to the stage hayoooooo lol
i also don't mind the occasional pop or cheese that he produces. the overall body of his work is superb imo

watching those docs it's amazing to see just how involved he is in all aspects of those productions. groundwork for something like the cairo show started 2 years in advance!