Songs that are tattooed to your heart/soul

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
seedy
Antique Toy

Songs that are tattooed to your heart/soul

Post by seedy »

Well first of all I sure HOPE that yall have at least one or two of these in your life.

i'm talking higher ground - like the utmost echelon.
worlds above "really great awesome tunes"

i'm talking near spiritual level - defining you as a person level - songs that permeate your soul and you know they forever will

i have a number of these but i'm going to take my time and choose carefully
any stories associated would be fun too :)

so today my first offering :
The Alan Parsons Project - Day after day...

I've just started listening to these albums. not sure i even love them yet - some great songs and others meh
but THIS tune......goddamn the first time i heard it
as soon as i started catching wind of the lyrics i looked them up and melted
to be clear i'm 100% not a lyrics person. i very rarely know wtf people are singing because i'm only listening to the notes and not paying any attention to the actual words. that's not to say i don't absorb some lyrics though.

this tune.....i can barely think about it without feeling tears come on.
pretty much all of the tunes i'll mention in this thread typically bring me to tears. what can i say....music is extremely powerful to me :roll:

so this tune - THOSE lyrics
they just pierce my f'n heart. they evoke such a strong feeling i have in me concerning my childhood and where i am at in life today. long story short i had such a wonderful childhood....i could never ask for better. and here i am today an adult stressed all the time and watching the years pass. too fast. i don't want to be old i don't want my kid to get old.

this tune just brings out the joy of my past and in turn causes me to reflect on today and how i'll never have that care free feeling of bliss again

so yeah....f'n bittersweet. such beauty in the song and it's composition, yet brings out more depressing type of thoughts at the same time.

in all it just whops a REALLY f'n emo punch every time i hear it.
some of you youngins may not totally get what i'm saying here - some of you may never get it at all.
and that can be for better or worse depending on the path you've been on in life

----
really looking forward to your submissions so i really hope peeps will participate

i've got at least 3 or so more i'm ready to spill out right now but i don't want to have overkill on post #1
this was enough lol
Dennis
Ill Flower

Re: Songs that are tattooed to your heart/soul

Post by Dennis »

Cannot listen to the song at the mo, APP was on my todo list for quite a while, with "Tales of Imagination..." they made at least one quite good album I think...
Speaking of "really great awesome tunes" I could name quite a few... think it's more about great awesome albums for me :) What makes strong impact on me in general has mostly to do with childhood-memories, there are even some ABBA-songs that I can get quite emotional about :) but if I should mention ONE song that makes it for me it must be "To France" by Mike Oldfield I guess... It IS actually a great song + the above mentioned memories...
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Quite a few of these. Will have to give it a bit of time to line them up and write...
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Oh by the way @seedy, the song is cool. Pure 70ies soft rock heaven, like ELO or something, cheesy as hell, but I really like that.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

:(
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

A fantastic yet still pretty unknown american progrock-band that I absolutely love made a new record this year that features this highly touching tune amongst others(the whole album is tattooed to heart/soul already):