Your all time favorite bands?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Your all time favorite bands?

Post by Ross »

I think that's the thing with FSOL, because their music is so varied, has so many influences and approaches, it appeals to loads of different music fans - they're psychedelic sounding enough to pull in people like Seedy, whilst still close enough to their electronic roots to secure techno/IDM/ambient fans, and have enough variation to have crossover appeal to people who like electronic music as part of a broad and varied diet (I fall somewhere between the last two).

Most of the music I like tends to spin off from the punk / indie axis (with a few exceptions), which is fairly unusual around here I think, but probably explains why I like FSOL, Underworld and Orbital so much, heh. But I do love "conventional" songs as much as more abstract stuff.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I was mostly into punk, indie, alt. rock, grunge, metal, etc. in my teens. In my 20s I got more into prog rock and psychedelic stuff and then into so-called post-metal and, bizarrely, I think it's that, bands like Isis, that led me to getting into electronic music, of which FSOL are the best I've come across :)

I now listen to all of the above :)
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

In order to avoid the huge list

J.S. Bach
FSOL
TOOL
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

I can't do it - my favourite bands change multiple times a day. There's something that perfectly reflects (or counters) my mood - one day I'll hate the band, the next it'll be the best sound in the world !
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Therein lies the problem with such a short list. I haven't listened to music by one of my choices for weeks for example. Wherever the mood takes you.
I am the eye that looks within