NEW PINK FLOYD

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
seedy
Antique Toy

NEW PINK FLOYD

Post by seedy »

yeah division bell haters yada yada

i'll take any f'n morsel i can get

AWESOME!!!!!!!
RazorJack
Open Loop

Re: NEW PINK FLOYD

Post by RazorJack »

That's great!

Although honestly I am a total Pink Floyd noob..
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

idek how that's possible....but congrats :)
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I got it when it was released and liked it more than the previous album. That said, I don't really see anything significant new added to this release (unless I am missing something) that would make me go out and buy it again.

Still haven't got around to buying the new versions of Dark Side/Wish You Were Here etc. My favourites of the original albums were always (perhaps bizarrely) Meddle and Animals. I still play Fearless quite regularly on the guitar partly to wind down from the idiocies of my work environment.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I think this is in reference to "The Endless River" - an uncompleted album of supposedly ambient pieces recorded in 1994, which has been finished by Gilmour and Mason and will be released later this year.

The collector's box of The Division Bell does baffle me a little. Although I don't hate it quite as much as a lot of people do, it really is an incredibly safe dad-rock album which I can't imagine would have had any attention at all had it been released by someone else. Are there really people who want a superultramegabox edition of it? I do enjoy High Hopes a lot, though.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

That particular announcement passed me by. Sounds to me as though it would perhaps be better off without the additional vocals and guitar solos as that sounds like an attempt to play it safer. It'll be interesting to hear what it sounds like, but not an automatic purchase. My interest in Pink Floyd waxes and wanes.
I am the eye that looks within
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i must have read like two sentences about it so my impression was that these are leftover tracks from the division bell which were largely complete but not entirely

mason and gilmour put the final touches on it and bam - the great big spliff has arrived!

i'm extremely pumped
NEW pink floyd! :D
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Lets hope it's better than this:

Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Oh God, Alex Paterson minus Thomas Felman plus Dave Gilmour masturbating a guitar for an hour.

My hopes for The Endless River are slightly higher than they would be if it was just "a new album of songs" - certainly the fact that it was started as an experimental side project suggests that it could, potentially, be them attempting to do something a bit 'different' for the first time since Wish You Were Here. And Gilmour's last solo record was surprisingly reasonable, so there's potential. It's just difficult to imagine me properly liking a post-Waters Floyd album.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

ha i love metallic spheres
keep in mind it was originally not intended for release

idk what this new floyd is.....but they used to play some cool ambient stuff like before the gigs and in between sets on the division bell tour

i wonder if any of that will be included
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i see youth is coproducing

nice :)
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

This will contain the last recordings by Richard Wright with the band. It wouldn't be honourable to just include them in the new deluxe Division Bell as "extras".., so it shall be completed, newly added upon, and released separately. Looking at it that way: that's really awesome and makes heaps of sense :)

Seriously one of those "never thought I see the day" things, greatly looking forward to it!
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

I love Metallic Spheres too - great album!