Headphone Commute - Want some REAL criticism from me? Pay me

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Headphone Commute - Want some REAL criticism from me? Pay me

Post by dubmasta »

"Can you imagine how many promos and review requests I get per day? How can I possibly sift through all these emails? A lot of times I rely on artists, labels, and PR firms that I've worked in the past - so many requests from unknown musicians fall through the cracks.

Well - if you're serious about your music, and want some REAL criticism from me (instead of a direct praise from your friends), you can now submit your work through my Fluence page here: http://fluence.io/HeadphoneCommute

Here's the kicker - it is NOT free. But because I will be charging for my time, you know that you will get my undivided attention, and receive a private, detailed, and critical feedback on your submission (no guarantees for a review on Headphone Commute but it may just happen, if I really like it!)

And I'm not thinking about a whole 60-min album, but more of an individual track, or request for some specific feedback. Maybe you wouldn't pay me $3.25 per minute, but would you pay Max Richter or Jóhann Jóhannsson to give you some feedback on your tracks? I bet they'd charge a lot more [they should!]"

. . .
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Re: Headphone Commute - Want some REAL criticism from me? Pa

Post by Tito Lozano »

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Things like to get corporate on almost every level. I've always been suspicious of Headphone Commute's closed door to submissions, no sense of community in that. Might as well be a mainstream magazine for the way it only supports established artists and labels. Who needs more coverage of Type and Erased Tapes when they're already established - but the only way of getting through is a private paying service
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

The biggest obstacle for a modern day artist is not piracy its obscurity
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

One of the reasons I read A Closer Listen is they listen to everything equally and only review stuff they like, which means they cover everything from larger independents like Kranky to self-released stuff on Bandcamp without prejudice.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

Wow, HC stocks just dropped by a 100 points.. really? That's just pretty damn low IMO.

Goodbye Headphone Commute, I don't love you anymore..
from the source flows the endless...
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Gold Rush
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Ross wrote:One of the reasons I read A Closer Listen is they listen to everything equally and only review stuff they like, which means they cover everything from larger independents like Kranky to self-released stuff on Bandcamp without prejudice.
just popped over there - Impressed.

I must admit I am one of the many that HC ignored... I thought my debut album deserved to be at least circulated through their portal, I sent it to them, but alas... no dice.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Your music Akkya is nice although not appear on this site,personally i never tried put my music on that egotrip ,now i´m happy for it.

Repeat words that i said on HC post about commissions cost around 199$ per album, If 1 artist is signed by a Major Label only for read on a Blog Review with commissions cost ,There is something rotten in Denmark...

Art is equal to the money you can put advertise? Ha,would say Shakespeare or van Gogh...
Last edited by Tito Lozano on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

you can buy fame with money, but not all art can be purchased
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

if I were a rich man, I'd buy the magazines and record companies, music would make throwing me fart, would you still your the only being in the magazines and on the big record labels?

humility and respect, loving music is not put a price, and sure my music is simple and not deserves big label , and who cares? i don´t like fame only make sounds that i feel and transmit and I do not need lick the ass of anyone for being poor,people listen me , check my Last FM or my soundcloud ....no paid for it
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I never visit HC blog but I personally was stunned when I read this post on his facebook. When everybody tells you that you are a God time after time you actually start to believe that you actually are one, how can somebody be as arrogant as this especially in the underground electronic music community? This guy lost my respect instantly when I saw this, and Im sure many people and artists felt the same, both obscure and popular.

The fact that well known producers like Rafael Anton Irisarri, Keith Baker and Richard Skelton among others, reacted negatively and even with a very heavy dose of irony I believe made him look like a fool, apart from changing his mind about charging people $3.25 per minute, he even removed the post together with all the comments, which is a shame and a sign of lack of respect for his own beliefs that he so brilliantly had announced before. That day I had a little chat with a very well known producer/label owner who I hugely respect, who also had made a mix of his tracks and collabs for HC, his response to this shit sounded pretty offensive towards Headphone Commute, his opinions and this brilliant idea of his charging people money to tell them his precious opinion ala Max Richter and Jóhann Jóhannsson about their music.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me