What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Ross »

Nice tracklist that.
beetles
Expander

Post by beetles »

Cheers Ross - a week or so of not listening to it, then a couple more listens then a few tweaks and it should be ready...
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Listening to Marcus Fischer – Monocoastal

these sounds are breaking me into pieces, cant say nothing else. 12k...
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

been getting into a whole bunch of new acts lately:

Aes Dana
Asura
Abakus
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Entheogenic
Solar Fields

am liking these ;)
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

my old favorites, these last years i must be in an extremely good mood to listen to psy-ambient thought, a rare thing for me. have seen them all live on Aurora fest in 2008 apart from entheogenic and abakus. very cool and ordinary guys, especially cbl
Ross

Post by Ross »

seedy wrote:been getting into a whole bunch of new acts lately:

Aes Dana
Asura
Abakus
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Entheogenic
Solar Fields

am liking these ;)
I'm surprised that someone like yourself hasn't heard these before! Try Cell as well, Hanging Masses is a great album. I love the first Carbon Based Lifeforms record. The psybient scene doesn't do much for me on the whole but occasionally something great like that comes along.

On a similar note, I discovered the other night that Bluetech gave some relatively positive reviews of some of my tracks many years ago on electronicscene. I had no idea!
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

yeah def late to the game with those......new music used to just fall on my lap but lately i've been on a quest to find new music for myself and those are some that i came across

def have heard of Cell and they are actually bookmarked for me to listen to a youtube playlist in the near future ;)

oh i love me some psybient/psytrance/whatever the heck you call them...Ott, Bluetech, Shpongle

i'm tellin you folks.....NODENS ICTUS - SPACELINES is a superb album
it likely won't fit the bill for someone like Ross who leans towards more pure ambient sounds etc. but perhaps even he would like this one

not sure whom i would equate that album to......maybe the orb?
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

seedy wrote:i'm tellin you folks.....NODENS ICTUS - SPACELINES is a superb album
in my opinion this album is probably in top 5 ambient albums that have ever been written, if not top 3. from the first seconds to the last, its just incredible...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Nodens Ictus was an Ozric Tentacles side project started in the late 80's by Ed and Joie with some input from Merv, who played ambient chill-out tunes for the Club Dog and other clubs. These recordings date from 1986 to 1989, with two tracks from the year 2000. The one most noticeable thing about this CD compared to the two tapes that the band produced (The Grove of Selves and Live at the Club Dog) is the sonic production quality. How they cleaned up the old analog tapes is amazing. For those who have heard the ambient sounds of Another Green World or Phil Thorten (of Mandragora), this is mostly in that kind of style.
You're doin' too much, do less.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

ha nice!....now i have two new artists to check out ;)
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I think the concept and idea of Nodens Ictus is still alive as a project. just another face of Ozrics, similarly like FSOL-Yage thing probably. Many of their tracks that are labeled under the alias of "Ozric Tentacles" were actually based on ideas taken from stuff that initially belonged to Nodens. Ed and Joie still keep the idea of Nodens Ictus alive either as separate individuals or together. There is a bootleg circulating on the internet named Joie Hinton - Friends of Nodens, what a masterpiece. i call it the "follow up" to "Spacelines". While listening to it you feel the unmistakable sound of Nodens. also in "Spirals In Hyperspace" there are a few tracks that are more electronic and tend towards the Nodens side. On many of their live shows Ozrics, even in their present form, they perform tracks that were released for Nodens Ictus, so i guess practically the same thing, the same face.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

well i surely wish nodens was truly more present these days and not just a one off here or there or a hint of their sound in ozric music!

really at this point it would be Ed's best choice imo.
Ozric just isn't what it used to be.....they are pushing more towards eat static if anything.
if ed wants to spend a ton of time programming etc. then might as well put out some new nodens!

can't find that "friends of nodens" to download anywhere
anyone find a link?
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

Orbital - Halcyon + On + On
Orbital 2 (Brown Album) (1993)

Lovely tune, timeless classic. I first heard this in that Hackers movie many years ago and immediately fell in love with. Still not sure whether or not I'll go see them in Amsterdam next April, as I'm not familiar with most of their recent work, but this song alone makes me want to go!
Ross

Post by Ross »

They'll almost certainly play it, if that helps. They're very good live! I'm not taken with the two tracks heard from the new album so far.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yagya - Will I Dream During the Process?