It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 7:12 pm

What are you listening to?

Any NON-FSOL based music chatter can go right about here....
  • Author

Dennis

Ill Flower

Re: What are you listening to?

PostMon May 14, 2018 1:28 pm

That new Orbital track is epic.

The artwork also seems to hint for a resurrection of the glorious 'Snivilisation'/'In Sides'-sound, so indeed high hopes for this! And this time please without any half baked 'Dubstep' or 'EDM' experiments :)
Magnificient Insignificance

Ross

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

PostMon May 14, 2018 1:43 pm

It's a considerably stronger track to launch the album with than 'Never' was (although that track grew on me). And yeah, I'm really happy they've gone back to the hand-drawn art rather than the CG stuff from Work, Blue and Wonky which didn't suit the band at all.
'Tiny Foldable Cities' still features that really tight / compressed drum sound that they've been using since The Altogether, which is a shame - bring back the big chunky Roland machines please guys - but otherwise yeah, I have fairly high hopes for this. Paul admitted that Wonky was mostly made to give them new material to play live - hence the fucking dubstep version of 'Satan' - but everything about this new one feels a lot more genuinely creative.

This and My Kingdom Re-Imagined combined are doing such a good job of making those new Orb tracks seem even more laughably bad than they do of their own accord.

Dennis

Ill Flower

PostMon May 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Yeah, the guy who made the Snivilisation and In Sides covers makes pretty awesome art, some kind of psychedelic, surrealistic still lives, totally love this:

Magnificient Insignificance
Previous

Return to Music Discussion