Lifeforms double vinyl counterfeit?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Re: Lifeforms double vinyl counterfeit?

Post by ronniedobbs »

Don't these bootlegs usually come from Russia?
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Surfurry wrote:Virgin Records probably just outsourced another small pressing when stock became low, which was normal to do at the time. After all, their retail division, Virgin MegaStore was still huge into the late 90's with a great vinyl department. This would explain the different UPC code. 99% chance it is not a bootleg or counterfeit.

Scottmedia AKA Surfurry
Former curator of the FSOL Discography
Hmm, finally some logical explanation :)
Thanks Mr. Surfurry :)

@ronniedobbs
Russia / Romania / Bulgaria / (even Macedonia for a short time)
[and some other countries from the eastern block I suppose]
- they all had illegal factories for making CDs,
I've seen them first-hand, they were brilliant copies, the sound was copied perfectly, the art was copied near perfect.
The only 'problem' was that some of the CDs didn't have the full booklet but just the first fold (4 pages).

And they were cheap as fuck (I was buys piles of them).
They were 3.5 euros in the early 90s, going to 2.75 in the mid 90s all the way to almost 2 euros in the late 90s / early 00s. Then the law caught up and most of them were closed and / or legalized.

But vinyl, no, not so much - as we discussed earlier, it's just not profitable to do counterfit vinyl.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Surfurry wrote:Virgin Records probably just outsourced another small pressing when stock became low, which was normal to do at the time. After all, their retail division, Virgin MegaStore was still huge into the late 90's with a great vinyl department. This would explain the different UPC code. 99% chance it is not a bootleg or counterfeit.

Scottmedia AKA Surfurry
Former curator of the FSOL Discography
Thanks a lot for the info! - damn! I was doing a big mistake then judging it a bootleg... was bit suspicious also since i got my hands on the 2xgreen vinyls ISDN, a "genuine" Virgin fake label lol