It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:34 am

FSOLDigital Calendar

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
  • Author

fsolish

Amoeba

Re: FSOLDigital Calendar

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 9:15 pm

It's Here!

This month it is The Future Sound Of London again, this time offering an outtake from the Archive 9 album called 'Memories of a Yesterday'.

We hope you enjoy.

FSOLdigital

Ross

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 pm

It's bloody great too. If this wasn't good enough to make it onto Archived 9 then we've got a superb album on its way...

sigESANg5

Amoeba

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 11:12 pm

gorgeous start of autumn track! can't wait for Archived 9 ...

epitome

Vertical Pig

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 6:32 pm

I haven't even found time to listen to this yet, unfortunately - but I'm excited to hear it based on these comments. I do wonder though how one of the Archives series can have outtakes when they themselves are compilations of outtakes from earlier recordings. I mean, how could this track be any more an outtake from Archived 9 than it is an outtake from Archived 10 or Archives 4? Maybe they can start a new series called something like Outtakes from the Archives :)

Chris3d

Amoeba

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 8:51 pm

I'm guessing Archived 9 is done similarly to Archived 8. Whereby tracks are completely reworked rather than just taken straight from the original files. So it's an outtake from those reworkings. I hope they release more stuff in its original form like the earlier Archives releases. Still several tracks I can think of that are so far unreleased. The series seems to have evolved since then so not sure that is likely to happen.

Nice to hear they are integrating more intro/outro environments into tracks. There have been a few other this calendar series too. It would make a nice change if they string them all together nicely on this next Archives release. It's something that has been missing for a long while.

epitome

Vertical Pig

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 am

Chris3d wrote:I'm guessing Archived 9 is done similarly to Archived 8. Whereby tracks are completely reworked rather than just taken straight from the original files. So it's an outtake from those reworkings.

Ah yes, that makes sense, they did further work to an old recording, but then decided to leave it off the album.

Anyway, I just listened to the track - very pleasant and I agree that if this has been left off Archived 9 then the standard of the album should be very high :)

Ross

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

PostThu Sep 27, 2018 10:03 am

My guess would be it was shortlisted for Archived 9 earlier this year, and was left off.

Ross

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

PostTue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Another Archives 9 outtake, 'Transmission Edit 6', this month.

OffLand

Ill Flower

PostWed Oct 24, 2018 3:11 am

Weird track this month. That drum beat is very fast for a FSOL track.

Return to FSOL / AA Talk