the kook - amorphous reworkings

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
darktrain
Tingler

the kook - amorphous reworkings

Post by darktrain »

Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: the kook - amorphous reworkings

Post by Pandemonium »

I think you're missing some letters and structure in the title :)

Anyway, I really like Murderer, it's a really cool track that has that old sneaky psychedelic vibe.
- I can really hear in my head the full blown psychedelic version of the AA crew :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

Thanks man..in my haste to post this news up before anyone else i overlooked spelling mistakes..The kook does have a good ring to it lol
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

So there will be a whole album full of Kooks-remixes with AA inbetween. Hm, not too keen on this stuff. Maybe I'll get the AA remix as mp3 if possible.
I wish they would stop remix shitty indie bands and work more on next AA-studio-release. Nice to read next AA-album is "taking form" whatever that means in terms of a release date :)
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I am really baffled by the choice of band here, The Kooks are a pretty embarrassing band really, I kept waiting for it to turn out to be a different band with the same name but strangely not. I like a lot of indie stuff (over its various definitions) but yeah, really confused by their choice to remix The Kooks. Still, I'm sure it'll have some interesting bits. I'm hoping it picks up where the last couple of MPB remixes left off and head into slightly electronic spacey stuff. The What a Life! remix is my favourite thing they've done as AA in a long time.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

darktrain wrote:Thanks man..in my haste to post this news up before anyone else i overlooked spelling mistakes..The kook does have a good ring to it lol
Leonb2273 did post about this a whole week before anyone else knew about it :) - but he's new and buried it in the MPB OZ thread - so probably a lot of people didn't noticed the news:
leonb2273 wrote:Didn't know where to put this...

http://www.zm.nu/2015/10/23/album-de-re ... the-kooks/
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/hello ... mpt=uo%3D4
Kooks remix album released on 4 December.
Tracklist:
9. Murdered & Downer (A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Remix by the Amorphous Androgynous) 14:06

- Anyway, Dennis, a whole album? - Where did you hear this? I think it's just gonna be that one 14 minute mix containing two different Kooks tracks - something similar to what they did with the Beatles mix (Let it Be + Across The Universe) - though comparing Beatles and Kooks for ANY reason is probably a blasphemy :)

- As Gaz said on FB - they don't really pick these bands - the bands approach them - with a certain track/mix in mind - and they almost always decline - then hear the band's catalog - pick their own tunes to remix and so on and so on...

PS - I got a hint that we should be expecting something BIG on the fsoldigital store in the next 30 days.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Oh no, I meant 'an album full of Kooks remixes done by various artists including AA', so at least it will appear on an actual CD, as this was not the case with their recent remix stuff which was mostly vinyl only if I remember correctly. Thatswhy I still haven't heard that Syd Arthur-thing, 'can't be arsed' to by a vinyl when i haven't got a record player.

Something BIG, huh? Env6 maybe? But that would be too shortly after archived 8... What could that be??

PS: Gaz posted something about doing Kooks remixes some weeks ago on FB, and I remember Ross' shocked reaction like :'What?? The Kooks??' or something :) Indeed, if it has to be some 'Indie'-band I would LOVE to see them remix Tame Impala for instance or something from the somewhat underproduced new Mercury Rev album could really do with the 'Monstrous Bubble'-treatment.
Magnificient Insignificance
leonb2273
Hardhead

Post by leonb2273 »

~48.19~1:01:50
The guy on there talks a bit over the last minute or so and I think the last couple of minutes were cut, but other than that it's all there :)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Hmm... I have to say - this mix is exactly what I imagined it :)
They left the best parts of Murderer and built on it - the saxophone / keyboard sections are ... priceless,
and they took Downer to the next level of the MPBness :)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Aaaand this is officially out - listening on repeat - hadn't really heard any other track on the album :)
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

Did you find it for sale individually? Amazon and iTunes make you buy the album. Sigh...sounds like another $10 remix. Which ive done before with the pop Levi mix on ninja tune.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages