BREAKER - a mobile indie game

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: BREAKER - a mobile indie game

Post by Pandemonium »

Thanks Darktrain - we tried our best - well, our beginner best - we'll grow pretty fast in the next game :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Downloaded earlier today - predictably (as with Ikaruga) I'm rubbish at it! Bloody ace though, will review shortly :)

Couple of questions - What are the 'line' power-ups/collectables used for, and can you swap colour from white to black at any point ?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

The 'sticks' are collected so you can buy new characters to play with :) - you can enter the shop/character area in the bottom-left button on the game-over menu. - You can also collect sticks faster if you watch 'awarded video' that appears on every 5th game over menu.

- There are 24 more characters, the more 'expensive' ones are animated, with spawned trails and unique death animations :)

- Swap colour? Hmm... I don't think so. Maybe in an update - on user demand :)

- Yes, the game comes off as pretty hard to people who don't play this kind of gameplay but if you try it for 2-3 days you'll get the grip pretty fast.

PS - there is an INFO button the start-screen (top-right) that explains everything and gives credits :)
Blu Mar Ten
Hardhead

Post by Blu Mar Ten »

lovely little game. only managed 48 so far :oops:
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Come on guys - it's not that hard :)
Keep trying - there are 107 levels designed and you need to play to see them all - there are some amazing ones later in the game :)
My wife is making scores between 300 and 400 after just two weeks with the demo version.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It's quite addictive isn't it? Good work. I have to say the whole sticks and levels thing wasn't that clear.

One thing I will say, the name breaker seems an unfortunate choice. What I am saying is that I originally tried to search for it by name and found that about a million other titles have the word breaker in it (a lot of brick breaker or variations on that), so even scrolling down for a long time I couldn't find it. The only way to get to the game on iOS seems to be to follow the link you provided us with. That appears to restrict matters somewhat.
I am the eye that looks within
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

The levels and sticks are pretty standard for this kind of games on the app store - but yes - more tutorials/explanations are always a good thing. We had problems with too much explaining screens in terms of - we couldn't get them to show once and be gone - they showed all the time and the later/experienced users would get pissed off by this - so we had to compromise :)

The BREAKER name, true, we should've made more research on that. The actual game is called BREAKER! officially and it comes out 16th on search on the iOS USA market, and better (top 8) on other markets I checked - so it's not that bad :) We'll have more statistics in a day or two.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I see it's listed 18th in the UK on iOS if you search for "breaker!". Strange how the iOS search engine works, I can only assume the search algorithm artificially inflates lesser matches based on popularity or other less scrupulous criteria, as I would have thought an exact match of the game title would place you higher in the search ratings.

Still, enjoyable game and you do get better at it with more practice.
I am the eye that looks within
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Yeah, the Apple search engine is really complex, it has 8 basic parametars and dozens of peripheral ones. It's a madhouse really :)