Eyebrow - Garden City

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Eyebrow - Garden City

Post by Ross »

New title distributed by FSOLDigital

AVAILABLE ON CD ONLY

Paul Wigens (drums, percussion, electronics) / Pete Judge (trumpet, electronics)

Eyebrow is a trumpet and drums duo based in Bristol, UK, formed in 2009, and featuring members of cult bands Blurt and Get The Blessing. Its music evolves out of improvisations which are reassembled into structured pieces with an unexpectedly cinematic sweep, like journeys through slowly-changing landscapes. New album “Garden City”, recorded at Invada Studios in Bristol by TJ Allen, with special guest Jim Barr on baritone guitar and bass pedals, is now available on New York’s Ninety & Nine Records.

“One of the most beguiling records I’ve heard in ages: music of quiet imagination and intimate beauty. I hope a lot of people get to enjoy it” (Richard Williams, thebluemoment.com)

““Sepulchral, dappled trumpet and real live meaty drums; Eyebrow have been doing this kind of thing for a long time and have become very good at it. ‘Thaw’ – an insistent rhythmic ear-worm – is a belter” (Independent on Sunday)

“Atmospheric, haunting, fascinating. Four stars” (AllAboutJazz)

www.eyebrowmusic.com

TRACKS:

1 – Blind Summit (7:08)
2 – The Golden Road (5:08)
3 – Lustre (2:41)
4 – Mr Choppy (4:49)
5 – Thaw (13:44)
6 – Scrim (5:45)
7 – Pinch Point (9:33)

Sounds very much like something that'd turn on an Electric Brainstorm, not so far away from some of the Yage / Blackhill stuff either. Percussive jazzy stuff. Soundclips + purchase link on FSOLDigital
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Eyebrow - Garden City

Post by Pandemonium »

I must say the sound samples are very good (longer than usual too).
You're doin' too much, do less.