Brujo

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ell
Hardhead

Brujo

Post by Ell »

only vaguely FSOL related, but I was surprised when I read Burroughs' Yage Letters for the first time last week - I didn't realise that Brujo meant witchdoctor/shaman

"yage has no power unless the Brujo performs the appropriate ceremonies. He said all this as if repeating a lesson he had learned, and I wondered if he really believed it."
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Brujo

Post by Pandemonium »

To quote myself :)
Pandemonium wrote:01 - Brujo (5:51)
- This spooky track made its first appearance on ISDN Transmission 4, Netherlands (VPRO Radio) (09.09.1994) and didn't end up on the ISDN album probably because of its dynamic tempo - it's pretty fast and didn't fit the slower madness on the ISDN album. Robert Fripp makes incredible soundscapes on guitars, and an unknown female voice makes this another gem that stands out in the Archives series. It was also a regular on the 2009 live shows.
- Brujo in the Mexican / Spanish cultures refers to a witchdoctor or a shaman practicing low magic. In general, it’s considered a negative term, rather than a flattering one.
the full text here:
http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/fsolboard/v ... 480#p10627
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ell
Hardhead

Post by Ell »

aha, I missed that one ;)
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the name came from Burroughs, particularly as there's a Yage track called 'The Yage Letters'.