Intelligent Communication now on FSOLDigital

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Intelligent Communication now on FSOLDigital

Post by dell1972 »

I guess this is what Mr. Panda hinted about in a thread recently. Looks intriguing, especially the newer versions.

Digital releases for the following:

Intelligent Communication – Principles of Motion

Principles of Motion was originally released in 1991 as a 4 track EP – by INTELLIGENT COMMUNICATION –

INTELLIGENT COMMUNICATION is one of FSOL’s aliases.

Written by COBAIN / DOUGANS 1991.

TRACKS:

01 – Drive (5:07)
02 – Open Loop (4:08)
03 – Flight (4:34)
04 – Critical Ebb (4:57)

Intelligent Communication – Drive

Principles of Motion was originally released in 1991 as a 4 track EP – by INTELLIGENT COMMUNICATION - Drive was track 1 – now comes in newly reconstructed forms.

Drive (2007 live rehearsal desk mix) is a mix taken directly from the desk with a further post production at “Studio 9Lwest”

INTELLIGENT COMMUNICATION is one of FSOL’s aliases.

Drive (IC7471) is exclusive to FSOLdigital

TRACKS:

01 – Drive (2007 Live Rehearsal Desk Mix) (10:32)
02 – Drive (2015) (7:13)
03 – Drive (IC7471) (4:06)
04 – Drive (Radio Edit) (3:16)
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Intelligent Communication now on FSOLDigital

Post by Ross »

Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Yeah guys, this is literally the first (and lets hope it's not the last) FSOLBoard on-demand release :)

They really dig the fans and often like the input they get from here.

-- You know the 'interview' process that started 6-7 months ago? :) the "FSOLBoard asks Brian" project is slowly moving forwards but never stops. I chat to Brian whenever he has time and we're slowly getting there (about one third done) - I'm thinking about releasing it in parts because it's so slow and we're impatient, but, we'll see..
- This process sprouts the talks you read about, like the Global album truth and the Eurotechno / AFX story. And also this release :)

the story goes a little something like this:

- January 27th, 2015
Pandemonium wrote:Literally all of us agree that 'Intelligent Communication – Principles of Motion EP' is a beautiful piece of music. Will you ever re-release it in digital form?
Brian Dougans wrote:Really - Yes I'm sure that can be arranged. There was more tracks for that EP that have never been released. I shall get the crew on it.
Pandemonium wrote:Sweet! - Bonuses too... ask and yee shall receive :) Thanks man
- February 3rd, 2015
Brian Dougans wrote:I found Intelligent communication. I also found a 17 minute jam we did based on Drive - it's great. Gonna have a look and see what can be done.
Pandemonium wrote:Awesome :) - the first 'fsolboard' on demand release coming up :D
Brian Dougans wrote:It might not emerge till 2018. Haha. ... ... No I'm on it now so I imagine soon.
- February 21st, 2015
Pandemonium wrote:the Intelligent Communication re-release - do you have release date yet?
Brian Dougans wrote:Evening - week after next.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Drive is a lovely little collection, really loving the new versions. The 2007 live one is utterly nuts, so different from the original. Looking forward to popping on the original now without vinyl crackle for the first time...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Love the laid back vibe in the 'Drive' extract. To be honest I don't think I've heard much (any?) of the Intelligent Communication alias but from that it certainly seems like I should !
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, the Principles of Motion EP is absolutely gorgeous early ambient-techno, a slight Artificial Intelligence vibe in places. Here's the original Drive:
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Ross wrote:a slight Artificial Intelligence vibe in places
Yeah that was exactly what I was getting, definite Warp circa 90-92 :)
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

i love it that moniker and long time played and really nice to see new adaptions, the youtube video extract is indeed very Warp 90-92 as the own IC sound very 90´s in a smooth edm that i enjoy so much, wish find coins for take both digitals releases !!!!
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Wow, the sound clips from the Drive EP sound great! Will have to pick this up soon.