wee Noel in the NME

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
whiskytango
Hardhead

wee Noel in the NME

Post by whiskytango »

interesting take on whatever happened to the (collab) AA album that (now) looks like it's never going to be.

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/82326

whilst he is outspoken - which is fine - he comes across poorly in these quotes.

I'm sure AA won't have the same views alas - which is his loss alas.

(not a newbie - my account has got lost again..)
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Re: wee Noel in the NME

Post by mcbpete »

whiskytango wrote:my account has got lost again..
Got lost ?! Where was the last place you had it - might have fallen down the side of the sofa
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

By now I don't even want to hear the leak (if it ever happens).
NG was definitely out of his depth, and AA/FSOL have a lot more better things to do than jump hoops again with this arsed person...
You're doin' too much, do less.
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

This guy has no solution really...as said time ago, he knows that Remixes are better than his own verse chorus verse...
some might say...

But i will say only ...
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Even if he doesn't want the mixes released - for whatever reason - he could've handled this a lot better.

Also, what's with the article? It keeps giving part of a quote, followed by the full quote a couple of sentences later, meaning you read part of it twice. Is that what journalism has come to these days?
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Oh dear Noel. You sound like a total knob-end. Quietest album ever? That knob marked volume is wot makes it louder if you want. Clearly he's a firm believer of the industry standard of compressing the life out releases and trying to make it as in your face as possible. You have to ask yourself who knows what they're doing production wise: Brian/Gaz or old big mouth?
I am the eye that looks within
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

It's sounds like they delivered an ambient album, from a band known for ambient music for over 20 years and he's surprised?
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

dell1972 wrote: Clearly he's a firm believer of the industry standard of compressing the life out releases and trying to make it as in your face as possible. You have to ask yourself who knows what they're doing production wise: Brian/Gaz or old big mouth?
Yeah, I noticed for quite some years now the 'quiteness' of Gaz'nBrians productions compared to the level of loudness that seems common today. I always have to turn up volume a bit when listen to AA/FSOL stuff on mp3 player when going outside.
Magnificient Insignificance
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

That's because they're from the 90s school of mastering, before every band in the world brick walled their music to death. Remember when CDs had printed on them " this disc has been mastered to play loud, so turn it up" - I think Disintegration by The Cure had it.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

i would love for this to get leaked

if only because it would piss noel "fucking" gallagher off
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Haha Seedy, my first option to posted something on this sad thread was something similar ^^
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Concept
Tingler

Post by Concept »

Well, at least they're not working with him any more. Something I think they're really devastated over.

It wouldn't surprise me if the 'team effort' was 10% Noel/90% Gaz/Brian.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

In recent FB-posts Gaz seems to have a strong urge to present his view of things somehow somewhere. Really curious about his opinion.
Not sure about the leak. The 'Monobrow' (or rather his record company) surely has an army of lawyers in the cupboard (like Mr. Burns in this one 'Simpson' episode :) ) They surely process the hell out of Gaz'n Brian...
Magnificient Insignificance
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

the gallagher brothers haven't got a gracious bone in their bodies.Shitty way to deal with things.Brian and gary have done the right thing and just kept putting out excellent music without getting involved in all the nastiness.Fsol/aa have been around a lot longer than that city supporting wanker and will continue to be around and appreciated way more than he ever will.
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

ronniedobbs wrote:That's because they're from the 90s school of mastering, before every band in the world brick walled their music to death.
I applaud you Sir for such insight.

Everything (at least) from Accelerator to Dead Cities is mastered at very constant level, I don't think that they've been brickwalled at all, just mastered without the limiter and then normalized to default. That's one of the reasons they sound so good (besides the phenomenal mixing of course).

I mean, If he wants it fucking louder, he could just pull the pre-master through some freebie limiter in his billion dollar studio and be done with it. It's ridiculous how such issues can wreck a whole project. I don't honestly think that that's the real issue here 'tho..
from the source flows the endless...