From the Archives 8

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: From the Archives 8

Post by Ross »

If 7 had been labelled an Environments album (maybe minus War Machines) I don't think anybody would have questioned it.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Yeah, and Env3 could be labelled as an archive release, espescially everything after Recollection...:)
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross

Post by Ross »

Hmm, no, Absolution, The Oldest Lady, The Silent Place, Surface Water and Heart Sick Chord were new recordings.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Well, I meant more like soundwise. Those gloomy dark, rather beat-driven tracks that all sound very mid-to-late-90ies to me give the album an 'archive'-feel somehow. Btw I didn't knew Absolution, Surface Waters and Silent Place were new tracks. They all sound very ISDN/Dead Cities-like to me.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, they definitely have a similar vibe. To me Absolution kind of feels like an update of a Dead Cities era track - there's more of a digital sheen to it which a lot of Environments 3 has. I have the feeling this material might be slightly balanced towards Brian rather than Gaz, unlike Environments 4 and 5.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I somehow have the feeling Env6 will be another one more along the lines of 'Mr. Techno' rather than amorphousy sounding stuff...but its just a feeling...