The Isness due for re-release?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

The Isness due for re-release?

Post by dell1972 »

Not sure if this is one of Amazon's strange anomalies, but the Isness is listed for re-release on March 13th on Cleopatra Records - but as an import.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems to be listed on the US site as well but with even less detail:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cleopatra's website only lists the original US release, so not sure how legit this is. I'd be very surprised if it get re-released under the FSOL monicker again, didn't that piss off a lot of people initially, and generally cause mass confusion?
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: The Isness due for re-release?

Post by Ross »

Probably been out of print with the label for a while so they've repressed it and are sticking it out on that day.
I was really hoping this was about the rumoured actual restructured, re-released 'to how we want it' version of The Isness Brian mentioned in 2007. Sigh!
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It is a little disappointing, though on the plus side it's quite cheap for those who want to get their hands on a physical copy of the alternative version with the alternative Galaxial in the middle rather than at the end of the album (that is assuming it's the same tracklisting as the original on their website:

http://www.cleorecs.com/Details.cfm?Pro ... category=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ross

Post by Ross »

I can't see it being that version. That page hasn't been updated since the initial release I don't think.
Wow, that press release doesn't even come close to describing what the album sounds like. Reading stuff like that makes it a lot easier to understand why people were still expecting a Dead Cities follow-up. "Prepare yourself for the Future!"
Ross

Post by Ross »

This re-release isn't endorsed by the band, apparently, so we'll see if it actually goes ahead.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I guess that's not at all surprising. The impression I get is dealing with Record Companies is something of a dark art as they're a bit prone to doing what the hell they like. Bet it gets pulled.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I´m a bit confused about this. Is this going to be the "Abbey Road" version of the album with the one song version of "Galaxial..." in the middle or not? Release Date here is March, 16th it comes under the FSOL moniker, this site says it comes in a digipak:http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_det ... sku=347991.

Would be nice if this is actually the scrapped version, I still have this one only as a download. But I know there´s at least one american version that´s identical to the UK one.
Magnificient Insignificance
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

None of the places advertising it as for sale are currently attributing any tracklisting to this, but if I spot one I'll post it. I'd like to get a CD version of the alternative Abbey Road version too.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Although the Abbey Road mix is by far the superior version, the band really didn't want it released so I'd be very, very surprised if it got released somehow, given that they managed to get Cleopatra to recall any remaining copies the last time they released it. On the other hand, it does look like they're trying to put it out.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Hmm... Play at the moment has the Abbey Road version tracklisting. Whether it remains that way, or indeed if it gets as far as an actual release remains to be seen

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/2876398 ... hfilters=s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;{future+sound+of+london}%2bc{34}%2bae55{Music+CD}%2b&pa=search&page=search&d=1&ob=6&urlrefer=search
Ross

Post by Ross »

You know, I was thinking about this and am staggered at how stupid it is. With the success of the MPB CDs and the whole Noel Gallagher affair, this is actually more likely to get more attention if it's released as an Amorphous record. It's not like 2002 when it was a long-awaited FSOL follow-up. AA have had more press coverage than FSOL for the last five years: re-releasing it as Amorphous would grab the attention of people who've recently discovered the project; the album's ten years old, so people aware of FSOL aren't going to be fooled into buying it expecting it to sound like FSOL (which was obviously Cleopatra's plan in the first place). Even from a cynical, record-selling perspective this re-release makes no sense.
Mind you, this is from the label who brought us the classic 'Her Tongue is Loke A Jellyfish', so perhaps nothing is surprising.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

You have a point there. Really they should stick the definitive version out now. I'd imagine pretty much anything with the Amorphous Androgynous name on it would sell by the shed load now. Even MPB Volumes 1 and 2 are pretty much impossible to get now due to the label going under. Time they hurled out all those mythical forthcoming albums onto the market before that b-side hits the shelves. I guess that's never been their priority I guess though.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
Ho ho ho.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

This conspicuously disappeared from Amazon's listings this morning, despite them emailing me yesterday in the hope I might buy it from them. No longer listed on HMV or Play. It's like it never existed.
Last edited by dell1972 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I've ordered it 2 Weeks ago and amazon here says it will be available on april 20th. I really do not want to believe in that date like being some kind of agent mulder who desparately "wants to believe", but i somehow like the thought of getting my hands on an original copy of the definitive version of one of my favourite albums of all time one day.
Magnificient Insignificance