The Isness due for re-release?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Re: The Isness due for re-release?

Post by dell1972 »

And now according to Amazon, on May 14th, The Isness and The Otherness is due for a rerelease. This seems a little more legit, seeing as the record company is listed as FSOL Digital.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks no different from the original version to me. In fact it's still available on CD on fsoldigital.com anyway so I'm not sure how much of a rerelease this is, more of a restock.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I would imagine, ten years on from its original release, they could have bought the rights back from Artful/Universal and are doing it as a FSOLDigital release a la The Peppermint Tree. This might just be too much speculation, mind.

edit: I have just received confirmation that this is a re-release, so it seems my speculation is somewhat right. Sadly (I think) this looks like the whole 'new version' of the album isn't going to happen, but I suppose it's good to move on!
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

Not having the vinyl version, I was unaware the track Chawawah even existed. Could someone post on soundcloud or utubes?
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

ronniedobbs wrote:Not having the vinyl version, I was unaware the track Chawawah even existed. Could someone post on soundcloud or utubes?
For some reason it seems to be listed in loads of places as Cananah, but here's a stream of it - http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=39426270&ac=now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(its available as a CD on The Otherness EP/ Isness & Otherness doublepack)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Chavanvah is the usual misspelling I see, probably because of the unusual 'w' in the font.

Anyway, I found a copy of the newly re-released Isness & Otherness in HMV yesterday. In a jewel case, with very slightly updated artwork (different font, and the twiney trim around the outside of the cover blends better with the original pinhole image), catalogue number FSOLD106, FSOLDigital recordings. No idea what's in the booklet as I can't afford it at the mo!
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

I can´t believe it. Just now the postman rang at the door delivering a package from amazon. I was sure there must be a mistake as I couldn´t remember having ordered something the last few weeks/months.

And then I had this premonition as it seemed to be a very slim case, could it be...there WAS actually some order 6 months ago...

Yes it could be. The Future Sound Of London - 'The Isness' 2002 Digipack Hypnotic Records.
The 'Abbey Road Version' album. Hallelujah.
It´s obviously not a rerelease, they must have dug out one of those old US pressings I guess.

So 10 years after its release I´m finally the proud owner of the definitive version of what I still would describe as one of the most intergalactic, heavenly pieces of music I ever came across.

Wonders never cease. 8-)
Magnificient Insignificance
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

I congratulate you Sir... i remember buying the Isness & Otherness double from this local record store that's now sadly defunct (and they had Mello Hippo remixes too!)

Although I obviously downloaded it first :D
from the source flows the endless...
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Do you mean the mello hippo ep? This one seems to be a pretty rare piece too these days.(But I think you can order it from fsoldital) A local record store with something like that in stock is something that I dream of at night. :shock:
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross

Post by Ross »

Bloody hell. The mystery deepens.
pomp
Hardhead

Post by pomp »

Not sure if this is known or not, but the Abbey Road/Mispress version of the Isness is available in MP3 via Amazon ( In fact it's the only version being sold digitally now (nothing on itunes anymore). Does this make it the (current) official release?
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

Is possible but their must confirm on somewhere
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human