Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble question

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
boogiemanspud
Hardhead

Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble question

Post by boogiemanspud »

Hello,
I have purchased volume 1, 2, and 3 of the Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble albums. I recently learned there was a podcast going up to volume 9. Is there anywhere these can be purchased, or seeing as they are podcast, is there an archive anywhere they are downloadable? Thanks for the help. I am really looking forward to hearing these. The first 3 have helped me through a lot of rough times.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble question

Post by Ross »

There are eight MPB transmissions, all of which were available to purchase from FSOLDigital, but due to the cost of licensing all the material on them, they had to be taken down. We are hoping they'll all appear on the FSOL Soundcloud at some point, at the moment all they've uploaded is Part 1 of the first transmission, from 1997, which you can stream here:
boogiemanspud
Hardhead

Post by boogiemanspud »

Ross wrote:There are eight MPB transmissions, all of which were available to purchase from FSOLDigital, but due to the cost of licensing all the material on them, they had to be taken down. We are hoping they'll all appear on the FSOL Soundcloud at some point, at the moment all they've uploaded is Part 1 of the first transmission, from 1997, which you can stream here:
:( Bummer. Thanks for the info and the link, I'll give it a listen. I wish I wasn't late to the party. :)

Found this:
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

Us old schoolers grabbed these from the FTP before that :)
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

ronniedobbs wrote:Us old schoolers grabbed these from the FTP before that :)
Don't get all cocky now Ronnie :P

- Mr. Boogieman, I'm sure if you look hard enough on the right (torrenting) places, you'll find most of the radio MPB mixes.
You're doin' too much, do less.
boogiemanspud
Hardhead

Post by boogiemanspud »

It's been over a year and I've had no luck finding any of the mixes. Is there an old timer willing to up them to youtube or something? I've tried all sorts of torrenting sites, no luck there either, even tried newsgroups. These just don't exist anymore. If FSOL isn't going to sell them anymore I can't see how up-ing them to youtube would harm anything.

I just don't know what to do and really don't want to sound desperate, but I am. I love FSOL and AA and have bought over half of their albums so far. It makes me really blue that something this cool exists but isn't available anywhere. Stuff disappears from the net all the time, it's a shame they aren't available anywhere.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

I tried uploading all of the Kiss mixes a while back, and they raised all kind of alarms and infringements on YouTube - whole parts got cut up with silence and some were blocked entirely. The same thing will happen if I upload the MPB mixes I'm sure.

Have you tried private torrent trackers for music like the WHAT place? - something must be out there :)
boogiemanspud
Hardhead

Post by boogiemanspud »

Pandemonium wrote:I tried uploading all of the Kiss mixes a while back, and they raised all kind of alarms and infringements on YouTube - whole parts got cut up with silence and some were blocked entirely. The same thing will happen if I upload the MPB mixes I'm sure.

Have you tried private torrent trackers for music like the WHAT place? - something must be out there :)
I've looked at the WHAT place but I haven't been able to figure out how to get an invite. I looked at the source code but never got much further. I'll have to look into it more.

EDIT: I think I've figured the place out. I have to study for an exam and will see how it goes from there, thanks!
Last edited by boogiemanspud on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Check your inbox/messages here on this forum, I might help you out with the WHAT place.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Pretty sure you can find them using a program called Soulseek - not that I'd condone such things, of course :geek:
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

boogiemanspud.......study up for that test and take it seriously
if you fail - muster up the strength to study and go at it again

that place is life changing i kid you not :)