Mushroom 11 Soundtrack by FSOL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Re: Mushroom 11 Soundtrack by FSOL

Post by OffLand »

I pre-ordered the game through Humble Bundle which came with the soundtrack download early on. The download link hasn't been updated on the Humble Store with the final tracklist so I'm waiting on that. :)
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

You can add the soundtrack to the cart individually but the checkout button is only enabled if you add the game as well. Like I said, if it was available for mobile I'd probably not have any problems with it. The PC version I am unlikely to have any time to play.
I am the eye that looks within
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

dell1972 wrote:You can add the soundtrack to the cart individually but the checkout button is only enabled if you add the game as well. Like I said, if it was available for mobile I'd probably not have any problems with it. The PC version I am unlikely to have any time to play.
Damn, that's annoying. I've gone from almost definitely buying the soundtrack to probably not bothering, as I don't really want the game (not that it doesn't look cool).
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Finally got hold of the full length soundtrack including the previously unreleased tracks...

12 Wave Stat (01:34) - Very happy, beatless track featuring a repetitive synth bass line and harp/music box sounding melody. Not sure when this track was recorded. I'm going to guess it's post 2000. It's nice!

13 TX 81z Another Brother (02:37) - Very synthy IDM track. Sounds like early 90's stuff but the production value is good like Landmass. Sounds more like Aphex Twin than FSOL honestly! Think this might be an edit of a longer version of this track. Don't love it, but not bad.

14 The Equevalents (05:51) - Another very synthy techno track. Sounds like it was written for a video game. Very 90's sounding and again pretty good production value. It's pretty funky and upbeat. I'm really digging this one. Definitely a standout.

15 End of The World (String Version) (02:41) - Great string version of this track. Really lovely and cinematic. It is just strings!
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Cool, thanks for the info!
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Equevelants was written for Shh. Excellent track. Definitely looking forward to hearing the rest of these anyway.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Cool, glad to finally hear something from the Shh soundtrack. Does not sound at all like something I'd expect to find in a horror movie.
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

It might be the only thing from Shh that gets released, from what I know. It's a really excellent track, not typical FSOL in style, but melodically fantastic. It's nice to hear the strings from End of the World (although it's basically just a Dan Pemberton piece by this point), the others are pleasant enough but nothing too exciting. Another few to add to the 'bonus tracks' folder anyway!

Actually, the one thing about the soundtrack I found most interesting was the intro to Orderly Fashion/Plough, which has some sounds from Environments 1 in it. I wonder if it was ever planned for inclusion.
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Are these available to listen to anywhere yet, other than buying them with the game?
gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

Hi everyone, I just finished to download the game and when I launched it Field Of Flowers, from From The Archives Vol. 1, started. I experienced actual chills because since I started to listen to FSOL (almost two years ago) I always thought that their music is perfect for a sci-fi movie or for a sci-fi videogame. And that's it. I don't know if I'm going to like the videogame (I'm not that into puzzle-platformer) but when the music started I felt like a circle had been closed. I met FSOL music with the (wonderful) Hybrid Remix of Papua New Guinea because it was included in Wipeout Fusion, one of my favourite games ever (I still play it nowadays and that piece of music it's wonderful), and now FSOL licensed their music for another videogame, this time more than one track. I felt overwhelmed by it, it's wonderful.
2nnt
Hardhead

Post by 2nnt »

I found FSOL originally via Wipeout 2097, something like 16 years ago, when I was just a little kid. Who knows if I would have ever found them later if it wasn't for that game.

Hearing them finally in another game is definitely a treat. It's like a circle closing.

Yeah, bought it today, finally. Sorry if I'm a tad late, haha.
gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

2nnt wrote:I found FSOL originally via Wipeout 2097, something like 16 years ago, when I was just a little kid. Who knows if I would have ever found them later if it wasn't for that game.
Same for me. I'm sure that if my path hadn't crossed Wipeout, I'd never met them. I had Wipeout 2097 but for PC, so no FSOL in the soundtrack. But with Wipeout Fusion I heard Papua New Guinea (the magnificent Hybrid remix) and Stakker Humanoid (the also magnificent Plump DJs remix) and after eleven - ELEVEN - years from that day I decided to start listening to them.
Best choice ever.
Anyway, without Wipeout no other thing/musical act would have pointed me to FSOL. So, thank you Wipeout (which I still love).
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

They should do another Wipeout for mobiles with FSOL (and other cool shit) as the soundtrack. :)

BTW, Welcome to the board gabo86!
from the source flows the endless...
gabo86
Hardhead

Post by gabo86 »

tryptych wrote:They should do another Wipeout for mobiles with FSOL (and other cool shit) as the soundtrack. :)

BTW, Welcome to the board gabo86!
Sadly, the studio that made all the Wipeout series has been shut down by Sony (their owner), so there won't be any future wipeout.

Thank you! I'm here since last year, I write every now and then ;)
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

gabo86 wrote:Sadly, the studio that made all the Wipeout series has been shut down by Sony (their owner), so there won't be any future wipeout.
Many of the Wipeout devs started a new company and are making a successor to Wipeout right now... Formula Fusion.
Not sure they'll be getting big name artists for the Soundtrack this time but here's hoping.