Environment FIVE: out 8-Sep-2014

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Environment FIVE: out 8-Sep-2014

Post by Ross »

Pretty much as above! Any concrete/positive release news will always be announced of course. It's gone a tad quiet lately but there are things bubbling under to be released sooner rather than later... sit tight.
RazorJack
Open Loop

Post by RazorJack »

That's nice, will keep an eye out! It's been a little bit more quiet than usual indeed. Oh well, in the meantime I've got tons of old stuff that I never really fully listened to such as FTA >4 to explore anyway :)
Ross

Post by Ross »

Yeah, we've really been spoiled with FSOLDigital - I keep wondering when the next release is coming along, and then realise that I've still barely touched the surface of the Archives and Environments 3 onwards in comparison to how well I know their '90s releases. There's still years of listening there before I feel like I 'know' those albums...
bob
Hardhead

Post by bob »

Silly question time... does anyone know where the cover picture of Environment five was taken? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. I think (but am not certain) that it is the road leading into Borland Lodge, in the very south of the South Island in New Zealand. I had a holiday job there way back in the 80s.
Ross

Post by Ross »

That sounds about right, I think Buggy lives out there now so it'd make total sense.
Welcome aboard btw!
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Yup, I vaguely remember someone of the three (Brian, Gaz, Buggy) confirming that the picture was from New Zealand.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

The picture itself is great, but I always found it a bit inappropriate in terms of the actual sound of the album, something more colourful, exotic would have maybe fitted more, the actual cover implies a more postrockish, vast atmosphere thats not so much in the music imo.
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross

Post by Ross »

Ha, interestingly I find the album has a relatively postrocksh/vast atmosphere, certainly in comparison to their other work. More emotional, less exotic!
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Yeah true, in the second half especially it gets moody and melancolic, but somehow the first tracks with those heavy Amorphous influences kind of sets the tone for the whole album for me. You know with all the strings, saxes and whatever there's something very bright and shiny about the sound too, which I always associate with pictures of sunshine falling through leaves or something when listening.
Magnificient Insignificance