Cartel Remixes vinyl album

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Akkya
Expander

Re: Cartel Remixes vinyl album

Post by Akkya »

Got a copy of this. Hopefully my name or another from here will be on the next one. Congrats again NMESH, you will be sitting on my desk for a while as inspiration ...
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

RSD is a fucking chance to fuck to real fans ... for stealers & fake music lovers sellers is a big chance to swindle to the people,now collect money (from a unemployed music lover,really pretty thing) for buy 1 item that i love for 40-50 gbp on ebay or discogs (no wait a year or something only in 2 days price is double) as pre-order or 100 phone calls in spain say NO,i hate RSD
A FUCKING RECORD STORE YEARS WILL BE BETTER A DAY IS A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe 1 day i will make a rontxo store day , sale my lovely items (as all this is a big lie),pass to the buy music and spend money on buy flowers for my girlfriend or something ... this is real stupid thing try to buy Records when industry killed in 90´s and now try to say ...ohhh records and records shop deserves 1 day for music lovers..... lies...swindle!

Soulseek was my salvation on 2000 for find music that was impossible to buy or find on fucking record stores on 2000 where only sale CD´s, maybe ina few years when vinyl will be on the top we can talk about CD Store Day as CD will be obsolet as Vinyl on middle 90´s all these is simply become puppets of the music industry....

Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
Tito Lozano
Ill Flower

Post by Tito Lozano »

And Sir Paul Weller it is clear the shock for genuine fans to try buy an item from RSD and the real called effect for touts...
http://www.uncut.co.uk/record-store-day ... ycott-news

... He continued: "It's such a shame because as you know I am a big supporter of independent record stores but the greedy touts making a fast buck off genuine fans is disgusting and goes against the whole philosophy of RSD. It only takes a few to spoil a wonderful concept for everyone else. Shame on those touts."
Noisesurfer
Fsolboard
Not bad for a Human
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

He might be irritating, but at least he's using his celebrity to highlight part of the problem.

Problem 1: Stores who don't actually sell the products in their store but just put them straight on ebay
Problem 2: People who actively go looking for products with the express intention of selling on at vastly inflated prices on ebay. This is a wider problem with limited edition products in general. Limiting and even numbering products is a well recognised way of concentrating sales of a product, thus minimising the cost of having to keep stock in storage over a long period of time. However, it attracts just as many ebay vampires as it does genuine fans.

You could say it's just a microcosm of capitalism but it doesn't make it any better - wherever there's commerce there's someone trying to scrape a fast buck by any means.

I looked out of curiosity on ebay for the Cartel Remixes album (no intention of buying it, I don't even have a turntable). One is being sold for 50 quid as a buy it now, and another is currently at £20. The only way I'm buying this is if it comes out on CD or digitally.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

This article also goes some way to explain how it's becoming more and more of a major-label game, and how lots of independent labels and artists are actually losing out. When you've got One Direction 7"s coming out, it does suggest that it's not really for the music fans any more...

Every day should be record store day. Labels should be encouraged to give independent stores advance release dates, exclusive releases etc. throughout the year, to keep people going back, which would get rid of the silly novelty aspect of RSD and focus more on the original point of it: getting people to shop in independents. A few years ago, Nurse With Wound released an album and only distributed it to independent record stores, and only charged 99p for it. They asked fans to have a browse around the shop whilst buying it. I really like this idea.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Hmm, I wonder how many One Direction fans have even been in a record shop?

That's a good idea, get away from the limited aspect of it. I'm sure in reality that would be difficult especially for smaller record labels as I'd imagine the bigger corporations (the sellers such as Amazon etc) would try to use their muscle to prevent this in some way. The whole thing needs to be radically rethought though in my opinion, I don't know anyone who thinks the current RSD is a good idea.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

So of course, I find a copy in Germany for roughly what UK stores were charging on RSD, a little high on the shipping, but what am I gonna do right? Then I get this today in my email...

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/the-amor ... listen_buy
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

Hmm either the link is dead now, or they sold their stock in under 2 hours! Anyone grab one from Juno?
epitome
Elaborate Burn

Post by epitome »

Links working for me. Shame I don't do vinyl.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

currently out of stock. if you snooze you lose
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

You could try here. Twenty quid, one per customer.

http://www.fsoldigital.com/?product=the ... sd-release

Sadly no other format as yet.
Faroutman
Hardhead

Post by Faroutman »

Hello I've been lurking on this site for a few years now and thought i might as well come aboard. The topics seem good. I'm a bit confused with this release was it hand numbered. Maybe someone may know! Thanks
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Welcome! Whether it is numbered or not I'm not sure. There seems to be at least two regulars who either have a copy or have one in the post, one of whom is actually responsible for one of the tracks! Perhaps they could answer.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Well it says on the FSOLDigital site - "Collectors Limited Edition Double Vinyl for Record Store Day 2014 * Hand Numbered. Only 1 per customer" - so I'm guessing yep it is :)
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

dell1972 wrote:Welcome! Whether it is numbered or not I'm not sure. There seems to be at least two regulars who either have a copy or have one in the post, one of whom is actually responsible for one of the tracks! Perhaps they could answer.
Honestly, I was wondering the same thing. I didn't see it hand-numbered anywhere on my copy. But I'm the kind of person who can't see my own hand in front of my face, so let me investigate this further when I get home. Its a possibility that it's well-hidden and I overlooked it.
Proceed with visual attack.