DJ Food vs The Amorphous Androgynous & 2CC

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Re: DJ Food vs The Amorphous Androgynous & 2CC

Post by Nmesh »

I searched 3 participating shops in my area.... no luck at any of them, although I was surprised that one of them had a copy of Murmations that had sold immediately. Fortunately, a friend found me Illectrik Hoax in Lexington, so I'm a very happy camper right now. :D
Proceed with visual attack.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I see the copies they had at the Ninja Shop flew out quicker than a rat out of an aqueduct...

On the plus side, for those who want to get their hands on this, it's now on sale at FSOLDigital. Not sure how long for though...

http://www.yage.co.uk/newtesting/index. ... cts_id=264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am the eye that looks within
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

Can someone please list for me the new releases that I need to seek?

Papua/Mumurations......is murmurations just a tune that will appear on environments 4?

dj food - it seems there is more than one release going on.....an EP and also an AA mix?

noel - only one track out so far but this will appear on the album whenever that happens?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds – Dream On [single] / CD [Sour Mash – JDNCSCD13 ] /12" LTD [Sour Mash – JDNC13T] - same versions

1 - Dream On [4:36] <-- nothing to do with Brian & Gary
2 - Shoot A Hole Into The Sun [7:59] <-- this should appear on the AA & Noel album when/if it comes out, but will it be the exact same track - no one knows
Mixed By – Paul 'Strangeboy' Stacey*
Producer – Amorphous Androgynous Written-By – Brian Dougans, Garry Cobain, Noel Gallagher

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJ Food & The Amorphous Androgynous – The Illectrik Hoax EP / CDpromo 6 tracks [Ninja Tune - ZENCDS318P] / 12" LTD 3 tracks [Ninja Tune - ZEN12318] (12" tracks are 4,5,6 from the CD) <-- tracks 2 & 3 on the CD have nothing to do with Brian & Gary

1 - DJ Food & The Amorphous Androgynous featuring Natural Self – The Electric Images (In My Mind Never Die) (Radio Edit) 4:53
2 - DJ Food featuring Matt Johnson – Giant (Radio Edit) 4:12
3 - DJ Food featuring Natural Self – The Illectrik Hoax (2econd Class Citizen Soft Collision Remix) 5:32
A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Mix
4 - DJ Food featuring Natural Self – The Illectrix Hoax (The Amorphous Androgynous Remix) 3:45
5 - DJ Food & The Amorphous Androgynous – Don't Pray, Don't Bother (We're Evil) 4:39
6 - DJ Food & The Amorphous Androgynous featuring Natural Self – The Electric Images (In My Mind Never Die) 8:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Future Sound of London – Papua New Guinea (Original) / Murmurations [single] / 12" only [Jumpin' & Pumpin' – 10 JNP 20121]

A - Papua New Guinea (Original) 4:58
AA - Murmurations Producer [Additional Production], Remix – Herd & White 6:27

- it's possible the E4 version to be different because here we have Herd & White as remixers...
You're doin' too much, do less.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Bizarrely the legitimate version of the DJ Food EP on download from Ninja is a little different. The so-called radio edit is not the above edit at all, but the full 8:45 part 3 of the remix. Additionally the main remix itself comes as one long track 17:09 in length, so I guess technically track 1 is an edit of that.

Unsurprisingly, this is no longer on sale at fsoldigital.

Also, I'll put my money on Herd & White having nothing to do with Murmurations. I reckon it's a J&P being lazy. It also says it was recorded at Earthbeat Studios and Produced in 1992. Murmurations is being publicised as a new recording and certainly doesn't sound like it was recorded anywhere near 1992, even with remixing.
Nmesh
Open Loop

Post by Nmesh »

Well now THIS made my day:
http://www.djfood.org/djfood/the-electr ... my-mind-16

Who's that happy looking fella 2 pictures down? :D
Proceed with visual attack.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Ha, nice!

As for Herd & White, I'm saying it's an error as well.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

thx for the info there pande!

weird i got the impression that there was two DJ food releases going on

is this available legally for free?
but also to purchase?
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

ok....i skimmed through this thread again and it looks like the other piece of the puzzle here is the solid steel mix which i'm assuming can be found on soundcloud link provided here?
Ross

Post by Ross »

Solid Steel mix can be downloaded for free from the Soundcloud link. I still haven't listened to that, might do now...

The DJ Food remix EP thingy can be bought as a digital release, and a 12" was available for Record Store Day but has sold out it seems. Some people heard it in advance due to a naughty promo copy going online, but I'm assuming we've all been good boys and secured legal copies now it can be purchased.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

For anyone who bought the vinyl version of this from the Ninja Tune Shop, the whole thing seems to be shrouded in confusion and ultimately a repress. I'm assuming this doesn't affect those purchased on fsoldigital:

http://www.djfood.org/djfood/dj-food-vs ... ss-details" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OK – due to high demand, a database cock up at Ninja Tune – meaning that the record looked like it was in stock when it wasn’t – and people putting them on eBay for silly money, Ninja are repressing another 500 copies of my 12″ – ON MULTI-COLOURED MARBLED VINYL.

The people who ordered it from the Ninjashop will get one, no black vinyl copies are being pressed, so if you are one of the ones who asked for a black vinyl copy you will get coloured.

This will be the last pressing on coloured vinyl though. It will be the same (or as near as can be) as the RSD one, once orders are fulfilled the rest of the pressing will go up on the Ninja shop.

This will take approx. 2 weeks, sorry for any cock ups, and thanks for your patience. If you still want a refund then contact the Ninja shop, otherwise hold tight and they will contact you when this is all sorted.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It seems that one can purchase a print of the cover of this album from Factory Road Gallery, Hinckley, Leicestershire from Friday. It's a limited edition (of 25) giclée print on Somerset Rag paper and will set you back Twenty-Five English pounds according to Mr. Food.

http://www.djfood.org/djfood/factory-rd ... naut-print" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ross

Post by Ross »

dell1972 wrote:It seems that one can purchase a print of the cover of this album from Factory Road Gallery, Hinckley, Leicestershire from Friday.
What the fuck? This is my hometown and there's never been any remote sign of culture, and now there's a gallery doing this kind of thing. If only I hadn't just decided not to move back to the midlands...