Welcome to the Galaxial Pharmaceutical v7

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Welcome to the Galaxial Pharmaceutical v7

Post by Ross »

Most of your points are all fair and are generally things I haven't bothered to do because, again, hand coding 500 pages in notepad takes it out of you after a while. So... laziness. However...
Pandemonium wrote: 3. the background could be made fix - and when you scroll you don't go to a second/third picture of the background, you just scroll text, and the background stays fixed. The crossover that you have now from total black to trees is pain for the eyes :)
Thanks, I've just checked this in Firefox (not sure why I didn't before) which I guess you're using. That's really annoying, it's fixed in Chrome and IE. Oh for one universal browser. That's really quite a pain in the arse. Any ideas why Firefox doesn't like this code?

Archive 1-6 - I don't really think the individual volumes demand so much information. I always wonder about the amount of information I put into the site as it is, given the number of people who actually read more than the news page anyway (if you compared the stats I get to the hours I spend working on the site you'd think I was insane)
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

But why do you hand-code?
What are you coding in?
I bet there are at least 12 easier ways to do you site :)
You can bet that for every web-situation you imagined, someone already made a code for it and shared it for free :) [copy/paste]

PS - we all put in ridiculous amount of hours in something we like/love like fans - who cares how many people will read it - I for one find it relaxing and was reading it for hours, - many things got refreshened in my memory and some I didn't even know of...
PPS - If I told you how much time I spend organizing my 5TB of downloaded music... and no-one sees benefit from it (well, aside from me and 2-3 of my pals)...
You're doin' too much, do less.
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Cool new site, looks fine in Chrome.

I see you deleted the songlist, a sign of heaps of FSOL music coming soon? :P
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Pandemonium wrote:But why do you hand-code?
What are you coding in?
Notepad, because I currently have no other software on my computer and because I know how to hand code all the stuff I need to do.
I bet there are at least 12 easier ways to do you site :)
You can bet that for every web-situation you imagined, someone already made a code for it and shared it for free :)
Probably. It's still a lot of work to do this many pages, whatever manner. I suppose I mean as opposed to using some form of dynamic scripty type stuff that I have no idea how to use.
PS - we all put in ridiculous amount of hours in something we like/love like fans - who cares how many people will read it - I for one find it relaxing and was reading it for hours, - many things got refreshened in my memory and some I didn't even know of...
Oh, yes, well thank you. I suppose the truth is it comes down to doing something I love, as you say, and I just can't think of what to write about the archives as individual records. There's so little to separate the first three in terms of description, really.

Craig - cheers! I deleted the songlist as the amount of work I would have to put into updating that was far too intimidating and was what put me off updating the site in the first place, it all stalled until I decided to just scrap it. It was also full of errors. The old one's still online for those interested in reading 'Unreleased Humanoid track from Stakker Sessions' fifty times or something.