AA albums in the booklet

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Mr Peppermint
Hardhead

AA albums in the booklet

Post by Mr Peppermint »

Hi all- Just signed up here. Love AA's stuff.

I was looking in the booklet of The Peppermint Tree album and noticed "The New Love Poetry", "2012" and "Wobbly Oozescapes" of which I can't find anything about them on the net. What has become of these? Were they cancelled or something?
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Re: AA albums in the booklet

Post by tryptych »

They are probably just some fictional or possibly upcoming projects by AA. I hope at least the names are fictional.. "Wobbly Oozescapes" would be a really bad name for an album IMO..

Welcome to the board BTW :)
from the source flows the endless...
Mr Peppermint
Hardhead

Post by Mr Peppermint »

I don't think they're fictional though, they're in the booklet that comes with the CD version, official that is.

I wish these lads would release more AA stuff, they gifted guys. Noel's work with them will be great.

What do you guys make of the Monstrous Bubble Remix of Oasis' song Falling Down? It's mind blowing to say the least.
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

The Falling Down rmx is epic. A stunning piece of music. I also think for three albums aren't real. Could be a related joke to the whole AA - Environments album in the Lifeforms booklet?
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Yeah, the oasis remix is the best remix they´ve done so far. Although it´s actually more like a reworked coverversion of the song.

Concerning the three albums mentioned in the booklet - I´m quite sure that these albums were planned to get a release when "Peppermint" came out. So I´m afraid that this is no 'environments' related joke at all... it´s just an 'environments' related...uhm...thing, i´m almost sure there´s material they´ve recorded for these albums somewhere on some harddisc or tape or whatever... who knows what kind of strange and beautiful secrets are there still hidden in the electric vaults of the amorphous wizards and will never see the light of day...?
Magnificient Insignificance
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Brian in 2008:
"all the artworks in the AA booklet represent material / projects documented
whether they will be released is another question - time will tell"
OffLand
Ill Flower

Post by OffLand »

Well that clears things up. Like environments, I'm sure they'll all come out in another ten years time. ;)
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

I still find it baffling they haven't, erm, made the most of the fame attached to them through the MPB CDs/Noel Gallagher/Paul Weller by releasing a new album, given that there's so much material lying around!
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

I guess the most bizarre thing is that ever since it was announced they'd done an album with Noel Gallagher, it's been an almost complete blanket silence. I guess they never were overly big on courting fame anyway.

Maybe they're just very busy right now and have other similar production jobs in the pipeline? For all we know there could be a sudden flood of activity comparable to what happened around 2007ish. Or they could have spread themselves so thin as to induce innertia.
I am the eye that looks within