The Life and Times of FSOL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

The Life and Times of FSOL

Post by Ross »

Somebody's writing a chronological album review series on their Wordpress which is quite entertaining, called 'The Life and Times of FSOL', thought people might be interested in reading if they have nothing to do!
http://tuningintoobscure.wordpress.com/ ... toobscure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sombience
Hardhead

Re: The Life and Times of FSOL

Post by Sombience »

Very cool. I wrote an essay similar to this a while back, right after their first Archives came out in '06, but it was no where near as comprehensive as this series. Getting my FSOL reading on now.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

It's been pretty impressive so far, and has included some stuff that somehow passed me by. For example, the original Amorphous B-Side Sky-scraper... For some reason I assumed there was an album track on the single...

I could argue that whoever is doing it missed out Metropolis from the alter-egos section, but I suspect that means they'll just be singling it out specifically later on. Hats off to whoever's doing this.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Bloody hell, a review of Promo 500!
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

These reviews are mostly very good - relaxed and explained :)
I've been writing reviews about FSOL in my native language for some newspapers long ago...
It would be nice to repeat that, but as much as I'm good in English, I feel that I just don't have the flow of words that is needed to get a good review. The best course of action would be to write them and then translate them in English - but that would consume a lot of time :)
You're doin' too much, do less.