Ayahuasca

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
kornbean
Hardhead

Ayahuasca

Post by kornbean »

Have Brian or Gaz ever had ayahuasca (yage)? :)
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Re: Ayahuasca

Post by tryptych »

I would say that they've at least done DMT a "few" times :D

I was supposed to drink the magic soup this summer again but I can't find the bark! *bangs head to wall*
BTW, the Environments II ending is something you must hear if drinkin' Aya.. :shock:
from the source flows the endless...
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

kornbean wrote:Have Brian or Gaz ever had ayahuasca (yage)? :)
I'll bet they have :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
kornbean
Hardhead

Post by kornbean »

tryptych wrote:I was supposed to drink the magic soup this summer again but I can't find the bark! *bangs head to wall*
BTW, the Environments II ending is something you must hear if drinkin' Aya.. :shock:
How many times have you had it?
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

kornbean wrote:How many times have you had it?
Four, and let me be clear that it was actually Mimosahuasca (made from M.Hostilis bark & P. Harmala seeds), but the basic compounds are pretty much the same, although the actual Aya (B. Caapi) bark contains some different alkaloids.

This has been discussed here before, but let me emphasize that IMO it's a medicine, not a recreational "drug". Nontheless, it's a psychoactive and I wouldn't drink it more than maybe once or twice a year.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

brian seems so square like he would never do such a thing

but again i don't know too much about our favorite hermit ;)
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Never tried it, and am not sure if I ever would want to, as it sometimes seems to produce some nasty side effects like heavy vomiting, at least I read this. Sounds a bit scary. But I highly adore the ayahuasca art by Pablo Amaringo, Anderson Debernardi and others, this is the most fantastic psychedelic art I've ever seen.

I bet Gaz n' Brian have experiences with this, given all the references in the various tracktitles and their 'yage' producer-pseudonym and so on...

@tryptych: What's the experience like? Can you recommend it? Are there really little blinking UFO's around on the astral plane as seen on those various Amaringo-Paintings? ;)
Magnificient Insignificance
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

The vomiting (La Purga) is part of the ritual.. I usually get that pretty precise around the 25 min mark, it's funny how predictable it becomes. It really cannot be stopped and it shoots out like a rocket. There aren't really any psychoactive effects before that. After the violent puking I usually hear something like a high pitched noise which rises, it's like psychic static. At this point i usually feel totally trashed and drink some water and cleanse my mouth. Then you go lying down, and then it starts...

The noise turns into something like you'd imagine the rainforest sounds. It's not really scary, but in a way quite maddening since you can't believe what's happening. Your body starts to vibrate and in a few mins you may have to puke some more since you feel like the vibration is "cleansing" your body, but this doesn't always happen. Sometimes the "reality" (if that's what we mean by what we see) turns into a "grid" like the whole physical world is made of some type of silver strings, but it constantly morphs when you try to stare at anything. You may feel like there are pillars of light shooting out of your head and the only thing you can really do is try to calm yourself down and sort of meditate on positive things. After the intense whirling, you start to feel like (as someone described it) like floating down on leaf, sometimes I sense like there's a some type of female entity (spirit?) floating over me, healing me. You feel like you're in complete harmony. Soft, floating, glowing.. all tension from your body, released.

After a few mins, I'm usually able to stand up and look out of the window: wow. Connected with nature!
It all happens pretty fast and is over just as fast, maybe 45-60 mins for me, but the healing effects last for weeks, even months.

So let me emphasize this: it's not a drug and the culture and ingestion must be respected and understood. The only negative thing I can say about it is that you have to go back to the "real" world (which is actually the enslaving illusion) and see how badly we have fucked up things :D
kornbean
Hardhead

Post by kornbean »

That vomiting sounds pretty intense, and kind of disconcerting to me, though I do hear that users of vomit inducing substances such as aya and peyote are generally psychologically healthier than non-users.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

if i ever touched this realm it would be with DMT

15 min, no vomiting, super intense > back to earth in a flash ;)

i'm pretty sure at this point i'm too old and scared though even though i'm fascinated :P
tryptych
Smokin Japanese Babe

Post by tryptych »

The purga actually feels good afterwards, it's kinda like the price you pay for the experience and it's also symbolic to your "psychic" (or whatever you want to call it) healing. It's definitely nothing to be afraid of, probably 99% of the people who have experienced Aya (or the analogs) will say it's 100% positive experience.

I think that we have to understand that we're dealing with powerful plants that must be respected and the rituals are thousands of years old. My opinion is that you don't really need a shaman, especially if you have experienced other psychoactives. Be your own shaman. The ritual will take form pretty quickly, I usually cook the soup so that it's ready around midnight (it just feels natural) and just gulp it down.

People sometimes ask me about the mental preparation.. you can't. Just take it easy and follow the dieta. If you're afraid of the puking and the can't do the diet (24 hours), you're not ready for the experience. Ready to be full of light?

EDIT: I have also tried mescaline (cacti) and it wasn't really enjoyable. Dreamlike, but not really enjoyable.