Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Post by Pandemonium »

What 'dubmasta' said - WORD for WORD!
You're doin' too much, do less.
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

the ego has landed.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Hah, I was about to ask you on WATMM if you knew about this place given your posts on there but just done some IP checks and yeah, clearly you do :D
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

OMG his statements really read as it's all just about being in the top ten for him now. The fact that his album has been in the top ten now for several months convinced him that it MUST be good. I really had some hopes after he abandoned Oasis he might turn into a kind of a musical adventurer working with gaz n' brian, trying new ways and stuff like that. But it really seems he's still the same cocaine-brained prick as ever.
Magnificient Insignificance
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Noel Gallagher was the most unsuitable person for a collaboration with AA, and its a fact!

Because of Red Hot Chili Peppers' live in Athens yesterday, i was reading their biography today and my attention fell on their former guitarist/song writer John Frusciante. Been checking his stuff on the tube and I think his sound and approach is quite similar to that of AA, very bluesy and psychedelic id say.

While listening to this song Im already imagining it transformed in the style of "Shoot a Hole Into the Sun" and i love what i hear in my mind, with all the electronic and atmospheric elements of Amorphous going on in the track. I think if there is ever going to be some kind of collaboration in the future for Amorphous they should find somebody like this guy, his songs make me think that this person is a very deep sound searcher.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

Haha, he even looks like Gaz´ twin brother.
Honestly, at first sight I wondered why there´s a picture of Gaz on a John Frusciante video. :lol:

But yeah, you´re right, that would be a fitting collab. I also could think of hell lot of great artists they could work with, The Flaming Lips come to my mind spontaniously, that would be one wet dream of a collaboration (at least for me).
But even Damon Albarn would have been a better choice, or Radiohead as for the more obvious candidates from the UK...
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

John's solo albums were mostly created during a period of extreme heroin addiction. I wonder if he even remembers recording them. He was one of my guitar idols in high school.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

ronniedobbs wrote:John's solo albums were mostly created during a period of extreme heroin addiction. I wonder if he even remembers recording them. He was one of my guitar idols in high school.
Only 'Smiles from the Streets You Hold' was written during his heroin addiction. His debut was before those times and the eight since then have been while he's been tee-total (I believe he abstains from everything now, even sex, hence the rather unusual yelling of 'I don't missing coming at all' on one of the Ataxia tracks). Was a huge Frusciante fan at one point until I realised that a lot of his songs kind of sound the same. I do need to have a listen to his new electronic stuff though.

As for Noel, I still don't think it's the last thing we'll hear of it all. He's being a bit rash but I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out at some point. Maybe a 'great lost album' type thing. I can sort of understand him being annoyed at the guys going back over it all and changing it all again and again (look how annoyed we get just waiting for things to get released!).

As for the ego thing, am I to think that everyone is expecting him to think his own music is shit?
Dennis
Ill Flower

Post by Dennis »

am I to think that everyone is expecting him to think his own music is shit?
Nono, not that. Maybe I never quite got him right, but this whole 'I will not get the AA thing out as long as my own album goes well'-thing sounded always somewhat strange to me. The guys put energy, time, money and effort in the project and then the diva comes along saying 'oh no I think I don´t like it, it will kill my own album.' As said, I don´t quite get this.

But on the other hand maybe I´m missing out some point, as I don´t know the whole picture.
"the guys going back over it all and changing it all again and again", yeah, you got a point there, we had that before, when a certain overweight of 'masculine energy' turned an already fantastic album into a somewhat inferior direction...
LooseLink
Expander

Post by LooseLink »

Oh well, we got a few tracks out of it, not too fussed. Was more looking forward to 2012 or Wobbly Oozescapes anyway :P
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

As far as im concerned gallagher can go suck on a brick...he's not fit to do up fsol's laces...They probably mixed his voice out of the tracks and that's why he's spat his dummy out..If that's true i'll love fsol even more than i do now..At least now they can get on with releasing the new stuff such as environments and from the archives.
Akkya
Expander

Post by Akkya »

Found this looking for more info : not good I'm afraid ...

Taken from the main interview: found here ...
http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogs ... beady.html

AVC: You just said the album you made with Amorphous Androgynous is scrapped. Is that official, or are you still considering releasing it?

NG: No, I don’t think it will come out. I’m pleased with the songs. The songs that I did when I was in the studio—I’ll probably re-record them. But the moment has passed, I think. Do you know what I mean? When you have records, there’s a window before their moment passes. I’ve already moved on from that Amorphous Androgynous thing. I’ve written a bunch more songs since then, so I’m afraid—unfortunately—the success of this album killed that one. I wasn’t planning on being on tour for 15 months.

AVC: What’s wrong with it? What don’t you like about it?

NG: Well, it was a record that contains songs that weren’t conventional songs. It wasn’t verse-chorus-verse-chorus. They’re a bit trippy and a bit floaty. My songs, in general, they don’t really rely on the mix. They’re all written on acoustic guitar. They’re as good with me just singing them into the microphone in the style of Bob Dylan as they are with a full band. The High Flying Birds album didn’t rely on the mixes. The songs were there. This was a record that—absolutely, 100 percent—relied on the mixes, because they weren’t songs, so to speak. They were grooves and, you know, there weren’t many chords in them. And the mixes weren’t fucking right. And unfortunately, I didn’t have time to go back in and remix it. And now I’m too fucked. I’m fucked. I’ve been on the road for 15 months. I am fucked.

AVC: Have you considered having someone else mix it?

NG: No. I’m a little bit of a control freak when it comes to my music, unfortunately. I need a holiday. I’ve suddenly started to look like Keith Richards. That’s not good.

AVC: And he’s older than you are.

NG: He’s a hundred years older than I am!

AVC: One could imagine this project fading into obscurity, or lingering in the minds of your fans, like the Beach Boys’ Smile, until you relent and finally release it.

NG: Maybe. I guess there’s lots of things that one could revisit down the years. I don’t know. I don’t even know when I’m going to make another record. Right now, I’m in the middle of touring and it’s taken quite a lot out of me. It depends. If I got in the studio next time and somebody says, “What about that track you did with those fucking hippies?” I might go and listen to it and think, “Hmm. Well, okay.” I don’t know, but I don’t think so.
dell1972
Spineless Jelly

Post by dell1972 »

Yeah, read that yesterday. It's like he objects now to the whole fundamental idea of it, not just the actual music. Knob. I think he doesn't like the idea of not being able to perform them live. Anyway, he's a fickle sort, and pretty much admits as much in the last paragraph, so may have a change of heart. I'm sure at least some of it will see the light of day in some form, though we may have to wait for it.
I am the eye that looks within
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

It'll turn up in five years time as the great lost album. "I listened back to it a while back and it's great, really far out man".
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

Once again, everything that i believed about this ..#$%@!...turned out to be absolute true eventually. It was obvious anyway, but I can not understand one simple thing: since, you mr..#$%@!...knew that these guys are fucking "hippies" and the music they make IS NOT!!! "verse-chorus-verse-chorus" but "They’re a bit trippy and a bit floaty", Im sorry for my language people, but why the fuck do you mr. ..#$%@!...get involved in making music with them in the first place? Doesn't this..#$%@! ... know a simple principle of true music? That the people you chose to make music with, is believing in this very idea? Im sorry, but we are all grown ups here, and its perfectly clear what this ..#$%@! ... is all about, his own words speak of themselves...Im very disappointed, Ive already played this game of burring the gold and finding the "lost treasure" years later, i think Ive had enough of this.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me