It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:27 pm


Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

dell1972

 

User avatar

Vertical Pig

  • Posts: 690
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:50 pm
  • Location: The edge of time

Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostFri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 am

Not a biggie. A few more comments from monobrow on next year's album:

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogs ... oasis.html
(actually it said the source was The Sun but I'm buggered if I'm traipsing around their tawdry website looking for the original link... somebody might see me and think I read that sordid rag)

But Noel is very much looking forward. His album with Amorphous Androgynous duo Garry Cobain and Brian Dougans is due next year.

Noel says: "It's exciting working with these psychedelic wizards. I would send demos and in the studio they'd say, 'Yeah, forget it and play along to this drum loop for ten minutes and let's see what happens.'

"It's coming out next summer. It will be out for the festivals next year. That's if I get this tour right.
I am the eye that looks within
Offline

Ross

 

User avatar

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

  • Posts: 3453
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSat Sep 10, 2011 9:07 am

A few vague details from an interview in Spin:
What about your album with British electronic and psych-rock duo Amorphous Androgynous?
"It sounds a bit like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. The sound is similar to High Flying Birds, but more psychedelic and tripped out. It's not an electronic project. People are jumping to that conclusion because Amorphous Androgynous used to be an electronic outfit. I'm not even sure what the album's title is going to be yet. I'm just fucking about with the mixes now. When will it be out? In my head, next summer. But if High Flying Birds is a success, then not until next winter."

http://www.spin.com/articles/qa-noel-ga ... o-lp-oasis
Offline

OffLand

 

User avatar

Ill Flower

  • Posts: 440
  • Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:41 am

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSat Sep 10, 2011 8:55 pm

I thought the few High Flying Birds tracks I've heard so far have been kind of boring. Hopefully the AA collab spices things up.
______________________________________________
- Off Land
Offline

dubmasta

 

User avatar

Vertical Pig

  • Posts: 519
  • Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm
  • Location: Strymon

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSat Sep 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Ross wrote:It's not an electronic project. People are jumping to that conclusion because Amorphous Androgynous used to be an electronic outfit"


i thought it was not a secret anymore that Amorphous Androgynous are a psychedelic-pop-rock band. i mean, do still people believe that Amorphous are going to release music in FSOL style? hmmm...
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Offline

dell1972

 

User avatar

Vertical Pig

  • Posts: 690
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:50 pm
  • Location: The edge of time

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSun Sep 11, 2011 7:22 am

His first single was a bit predictable, but I have to say I'm really impressed with the new one, aka what a life.

It's difficult keeping up with his interviews to see what if anything his says about the Amorphous record. I've heard he got quite used to hearing Gaz saying "booooring" to a lot of stuff, and them indiscriminately removing entire verses from his songs without his knowledge. Think it could be a bit more interesting as they've made him work differently.

I think he hosted a 3 hour show on radio 2 yesterday. There's a chance he might have gone beyond impersonating Donovan for laughs and talked further about working with Gaz and Brian. Maybe..
I am the eye that looks within
Offline

Ross

 

User avatar

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

  • Posts: 3453
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSun Sep 11, 2011 2:53 pm

dubmasta wrote:
Ross wrote:It's not an electronic project. People are jumping to that conclusion because Amorphous Androgynous used to be an electronic outfit"


i thought it was not a secret anymore that Amorphous Androgynous are a psychedelic-pop-rock band. i mean, do still people believe that Amorphous are going to release music in FSOL style? hmmm...

Lazy journalism and complete ignorance on the part of people who only listen to guitar-based indie rock. I read on one Oasis forum that people were moaning that the Falling Down remix was just a bunch of random noises. To people who have only ever listened to music as experimental as... well, probably Standing on the Shoulder of Giants or Dig Our Your Soul, Amorphous are impenetrable, and there's a common belief that remix = electronic in general.
Offline

dubmasta

 

User avatar

Vertical Pig

  • Posts: 519
  • Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm
  • Location: Strymon

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSun Sep 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Ross wrote:I read on one Oasis forum that people were moaning that the Falling Down remix was just a bunch of random noises
!!! what you say really amazes me! i had the impression that nowadays in 2011 that we live, the majority of people would be more "educated" about music and what music is generally, no matter of the musical preferences.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Offline

Pandemonium

 

User avatar

Mango Tree

  • Posts: 2025
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:15 pm
  • Location: Never, Neverland

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSun Sep 11, 2011 7:27 pm

"majority of people would be more "educated" about music and what music is generally"

this will never happen...
OK it might happen if all of the music industry completely cease to exist some day
You're doin' too much, do less.
Offline

dubmasta

 

User avatar

Vertical Pig

  • Posts: 519
  • Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm
  • Location: Strymon

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSun Sep 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Pandemonium wrote:OK it might happen if all of the music industry completely cease to exist some day


what do you mean?

concerning my statement, what i meant was that today when people download tons of music without any limit, and its not really difficult to get to know to new sounds, even if somebody doesnt like them, it sounds kinda odd to hear that many people are still stubbornly stuck in their brains and do not understand or dont want to understand what is what.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Offline

Pandemonium

 

User avatar

Mango Tree

  • Posts: 2025
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:15 pm
  • Location: Never, Neverland

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Wide masses just can't understand quality composition.
The percent of people understanding quality composed music is about the same as the percentage of people understanding sculpture, painting, literature, photography, comics, graffiti or any other art-form - in other words no more than 5 to 8% - this has always been like this - why? - who knows - but stats don't lie.
The fact that music as an art is most dominated (and most polluted) these days has nothing to do with understanding quality. Quality is there, available for all - but (most) people just don't give a shit and listen to pop-industry stuff that don't belong in any music definition.

What I meant: if all of the music industry completely cease to exist some day - all that will be left will be quality music (with as little shit pop stuff as possible) and therefore, all the people who will try to listen any kind of music, will listen something good :) But on the other hand, very little music will be in existence - but on the other-other hand, that didn't stop from existence other art-forms like sculpture, paintings etc. It's kind of a sci-fi idea, but one can hope... :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
Offline

dubmasta

 

User avatar

Vertical Pig

  • Posts: 519
  • Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm
  • Location: Strymon

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostSun Sep 11, 2011 10:15 pm

i guess im too romantic on this one :)
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Offline

Ross

 

User avatar

Just a Fuckin' Idiot

  • Posts: 3453
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostMon Sep 12, 2011 10:38 am

To put it more simply: if it's not in the mainstream media, people don't know it's there. People don't know to look for music so they don't.
Given that many people have music as something to enjoy while going about their busy daily lives, this isn't surprising - and it's nothing something I begrudge people, as such. Most people don't have the time, energy or interest to seek out anything outside of the norm - so they leave it to us true music fans.
Offline

dubmasta

 

User avatar

Vertical Pig

  • Posts: 519
  • Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm
  • Location: Strymon

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostMon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 am

i must agree here, just like you say people just dont know its there. i believe the mass CAN be educated, if only quality music would be advertised properly by the media and promoted, something that is not happening and i doubt it will ever happen. the mass is like a little child, if you dont tell him whats right and whats wrong the child will grow up having no knowledge, or with distorted point of view.
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Offline

Pandemonium

 

User avatar

Mango Tree

  • Posts: 2025
  • Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:15 pm
  • Location: Never, Neverland

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostMon Sep 12, 2011 10:13 pm

People can be educated to a certain low level about some art-form,
but don't kid yourself, if you don't have the underground ear for music in you, no one can educate you enough or serve you the right stuff so you can 'learn' about it.
If you need some blog/critic/newspaper to tell you what to listen - then something is wrong.
I mean, we all use them sometimes to get the news (if at all) but people who love/hear music usually dig their own tastes out.
You're doin' too much, do less.
Offline

dubmasta

 

User avatar

Vertical Pig

  • Posts: 519
  • Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm
  • Location: Strymon

Re: Noel Gallagher/AA album thread

PostMon Sep 12, 2011 10:56 pm

yea, i totally agree with you. after all, nobody educated us to listen to music that we love. our heart and soul have always followed the right sounds in this never ending quest for the truth we are trying to find in music. but i believe things are not just black and white, i mean absolute. i cant consider myself one from the mass because i always used to listen to bizarre music and always had trouble finding what i wanted in the shops, but i used to be a metalhead (not that i didnt like other stuff at that time, like jazz or old school rap, etc , & the prodigy of course:), the video clip of We Have Explosive that i just happened to see on TV, changed my life for ever and literally made me who i am now. this applies to many people. like you say, the mass can be educated to a certain level concerning art, but a lot of people will be affected and influenced, inspired to go on and search deeper in sound or other art forms. the others who dont understand, will never understand because they just dont have it inside them.

PS: sorry guys, this is supposed to be a Noel Gallagher/AA album thread :)
I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
Next

Return to FSOL / AA Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest