FSOL PC collection, finally

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
seedy
Antique Toy

Re: FSOL PC collection, finally

Post by seedy »

welcome anto!
yes this place is 100% without doubt THE place for the biggest fsol fans and tons upon tons of knowledge

bring friends! ;)
we know there are tons of fsol fans in the world out there....i guess this place isn't the easiest to stumble into though!

as for the ftp links you mention yes.....whatever you are seeing are very old expired links.
was quite an experience when that server was open though....all good things must pass i guess

obvs you can still find a lot of this stuff on the webz.....just tougher digging and searching ;)
anto
Hardhead

Post by anto »

Thanks for the welcome guys, half of me was hoping that one of them might still be active and just not online at the mo , but any references or posts were like 2007 and before so i sorta knew i wasnt going to have any joy with them ,dont suppose anyone wants to write them on tho dvd for me :) ill pay for the time,discs and postage and post them on to 5 other peeps who want them, worth a punt i suppose before i go diggin :)
Pinyaka
Hardhead

Post by Pinyaka »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a lot of stuff that used to be available via those ftp links just aren't available anywhere anymore. It would be pretty magical for those of us who started collecting late to get access to the stuff that isn't for sale anywhere.
darktrain
Tingler

Post by darktrain »

yeah welcome anto...if you are after the older broadcasts and stuff off the ftp..download soulseek and do a search :)
anto
Hardhead

Post by anto »

Thanks Darktrain i downloaded soulseek last night and spent ages trying to get it to work before i realised it was just me being too stoned and stupid and what i was trying to do was in fact quite simple..sorta sums up my life ...im now queued on a few.

If anyone is kind enough to foward me the collection i will put you down as numer 1 of my 5 to forward to Pinyaka

Thanks again for the heads up guys
anto
Hardhead

Post by anto »

Pandemonium where do you keep all the fluff and dust in your pc, have you a seperate compartment? I tend to keep mine liberally spread out all over the inside of the box with some on the grills outside wherever i have a fan.I also have quite few wires that should be connected to the board but im not really sure what they are for.

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my requests guys.I still have a 1210 from my djing days so i listen to vinyl when i get a chance,usually a sunday morning.I have a box of cds upstairs but to be honest cant remember playing a cd, it seems quite alien now.I mainly listen to mp3s through my pc which i have connected to an amp or on my ipod, i have a dewalt site radio and use that with my ipod at work but cant listen to FSOL or anything similar at work without blowing my argument that i dont smoke weed at work anymore and that i am a normal member of society
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Anto, I usually have plenty of dust on the PC, the picture you've seen was taken probably soon after general PC cleaning :)

As for FSOL, soulseek is a good place to start - then you should go on diggin' on warez-forums, and some private torrent trackers and you will find everything in due time :)
You're doin' too much, do less.
Pinyaka
Hardhead

Post by Pinyaka »

Thanks for recommending Soulseek. Does anyone here hang out in any of the chat rooms on their server?
anto
Hardhead

Post by anto »

Not having a lot of luck recently...not been able to access this site for quite a while , was it just me or was it down.
Im finding one or two gems on the interweb but its a lot of trawling for not a lot of results to be honest.
Will anyone help a brother out :)
I will even trade my vinyl copy of Lifeforms (which seems to be worth quite a bit on discogs) for a complete set.
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

The forum was down for a fair bit of time Anto - now it seems we're up'n'runnin' for good :)

Anyway, you probably look in the wrong places.
You need to look a way to get into these places:

http://filesharefreak.com/2009/12/17/co ... y-category" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and no, no one would trade you LPs for digital downloads here,
we all respect FSOL and try really hard not to damage them in any sale/link/download way.
billybatts
Tingler

Post by billybatts »

Pandemonium wrote:Yeah, its only 64GBs :D
What mail client supports files of this size :)

They can all be found, - granted, it will take you 8 to 12 months to organize everything, but it can be done :)
Private torrent?
Pandemonium
Pale Moon

Post by Pandemonium »

Hmm... no, sorry, not to repeat myself but:

We all (here at this board) respect FSOL and try not to damage them in any sale/link/download way.
seedy
Antique Toy

Post by seedy »

boy....what an epic torrent this would be =P

lol pande you remember back in the oink days when you could download discographies?
that was pretty huge ;)
billybatts
Tingler

Post by billybatts »

aw shucks, I thought different rules applied to true believers