ultra rare FSOL first uk internet broadcast

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
kornbean
Hardhead

Re: ultra rare FSOL first uk internet broadcast

Post by kornbean »

Haha. That's okay. I don't imagine I'd make much use of tape nowadays anyhow. And don't worry about the mistake. You're certainly welcome to stick around.
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

The space cd is awesome. I never really found out: what is (if there is) the connection between Klf and The Orb, am I right in thinking that Cauty was in both bands at some point?
mr.jangles
Hardhead

Post by mr.jangles »

i am not what you could call a " data nerd "..but as i know it ,they must have worked together due to samples crossing over here and there...i was lucky to see the orb at the manchester academy...i have never heard such sounds before or since..just epic...WALLS OF SOUND..like brown noise...hahahha..thanks for letting me in..i mean no harm..haha...QUESTION...does MOODSWINGS spirtual high...mean anything to you lot...??? i have a super rare thing they did...its the version with star treck samples,as we are talking rare things....oh and tip for loading any analogue source go buy a sony HD mini disc MZ-RH1..just fantastic...can do 352 kbps ..!
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah a somewhat belated - 'Welcome to the board' man ! Perhaps go easy on the '...'s though, it makes me read all your posts as if you've got breathing difficulties. It's like all the messages are being read out by this guy:

mr.jangles
Hardhead

Post by mr.jangles »

hahahahaa cheers and roger that , i do tend to type like a div .
mr.jangles
Hardhead

Post by mr.jangles »

thanks for all your help people.............................................all better now

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

It's a good quality recording man, probably better than the one that's currently out there. So if you ever get the chance to rip it I'm sure it'd be very much appreciated by many people :D
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

mcbpete wrote:The space cd is awesome. I never really found out: what is (if there is) the connection between Klf and The Orb, am I right in thinking that Cauty was in both bands at some point?
The Orb started out as Cauty and Paterson. Jimmy wanted to release Space on KLF Communications, Alex was worried The Orb would just be seen as a KLF spin-off so said no. So Jimmy took his contributions and released it as a solo album.

Mr.Jangles - thanks for sharing. If this is a better quality bootleg or even contains different sections then it's a really worthwhile thing as it hasn't been officially released (and who knows if it ever will!).

In terms of knowing what it was - until just now I thought there was only one Radio 1 broadcast from 93/94 (there are actually two), so it was just a guess! I still haven't had chance to hear it but if the Fripp guitar's in there then it's a definite give away anyway!
dubmasta
Ill Flower

Post by dubmasta »

I had killed a man...a man who looked like me
mr.jangles
Hardhead

Post by mr.jangles »

just had to do it with the avatar...!
Hidden Persuaders
Hardhead

Post by Hidden Persuaders »

Yeah welcome Mr J...(sorry ;-) ) er, anyway Space by Space. I'm sure I heard somewhere that there was a so called original version that had stacks more samples on it that had to be taken out (presumably due to copyright problems). Never seen it out in Interweb land though. Has anyone here ever heard it or of it???

peace

hp
ronniedobbs
Expander

Post by ronniedobbs »

Yeah I got the CD bootleg years ago at Sister Ray. There is a legit vinyl version I think.
play this backwards and you'll hear evil messages