A Global reissue: Is it out of the question?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
JH-X9
Hardhead

A Global reissue: Is it out of the question?

Post by JH-X9 »

As a fan of FSOL, Humanoid, and the various other Gaz & Brian aliases with a particular proclivity for their "dance music"-oriented works, I would love to see Humanoid's Global be reissued at some point. I know that most of the material on the original album wasn't released completely at Brian's will (with some of the songs being done by Peter Black at the behest of Morgan Khan), but I'd kill to have a legitimate copy of Crystals on CD or FLAC (such a beautiful track). Such a release would be especially compelling if it included tracks from Brian's original tracklist for the album (i.e. Fat Freddy, Cobain-vocal Tonight), and if these recordings exist somewhere within the vast FSOL archive it could be a unique opportunity for fans to be able to hear Brian's original vision for what the album could have been. The original CD is so rare (and expensive second-hand) that I would buy an official reissue of the album in a heartbeat.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. Anyone else have any thoughts?
[Let It Blow From The Speaker Stack]
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: A Global reissue: Is it out of the question?

Post by Ross »

Although not 100% out of the question, I'd say it's exceptionally unlikely. I asked if there was a possibility of Bacteria from a Baboon's Stomach being released on FSOLDigital and the answer was almost certainly not. I think a compilation of that Twitch stuff with the earlier Global material would be a fascinating document and I'd love to hear it, with 'Crystals' in there for sure.

I had no idea it went for so much these days, I think I picked it up on eBay for about £15 a long time ago.
cascade
Hardhead

Post by cascade »

Ross wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:20 pmI asked if there was a possibility of Bacteria from a Baboon's Stomach being released on FSOLDigital and the answer was almost certainly not
any reason as to why?
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Not sure, maybe it's just something they're not proud enough of to give a high profile release.