Mind Maps 2 - 12th November on Touched

Feel free to talk about anything and everything FSOL related in this board.
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Re: Mind Maps 2 - 12th November on Touched

Post by Ross »

Did I miss something today? If you mean yesterday's Life in Moments CDs, they were just a handful of copies Brian found in a box and put on sale - they were probably held aside in case any originals were lost or damaged on original release. Those kinds of things are difficult to get around really.

In terms of the Mind Maps CDs, I agree that they should really have been released in larger runs, especially given the inexplicable lack of digital editions. The first two are being re-pressed for the third this year and, given that a lot of people already have them, should hopefully remain on sale a little longer. I suppose it doesn't help that Touched, who release them, are a small non-profit charity label, so pressing up 2,000 CDs might be beyond their budget.
sigESANg5
Tingler

Post by sigESANg5 »

Ross wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:45 pm
sigESANg5 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:19 am bummer!!! I missed most of this one. I was only able to record 10 minutes into the 25 min. bonus mix I believe, right after the Future Sound of London voice, followed by 'moving further into the future'. The track playing right after sounds like a Synthi A piece. I have 15 minutes of the mix, sounds lush as usual.
Do you still have these 15 minutes? Just realised I didn't reply at the time, would be nice to have them for archive purposes...
Sorry for my late reply. Here's the link to the 15 minutes I was able to record:

https://we.tl/t-SffBygplhV
Ross
Environmentalisations Se7en

Post by Ross »

Thank you!
Trigga Bo
Tingler

Post by Trigga Bo »

Thank you very much, sigESANg5!
If I may say so, this is an excerpt from the promo for Mind Maps 3 :D
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

A few more CDs back in stock for those that missed them - https://fsol.bandcamp.com/album/mind-maps-2-2
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

That answer phone message from 'Tony Wilson' at 52:27 doesn't really sound like Tony Wilson (unless it's not *that* Tony Wilson) and when sped up by about 10% sounds more like Mr Richard D James. Tried to find any references to 'Locust electronic lounge live' online (I'm assuming the Locust mentioned is this Locust - check out this album by him if you get a chance) but no such luck.

(and yep I've only just got round to hearing it this week :D )
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

mcbpete wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:14 pm That answer phone message from 'Tony Wilson' at 52:27 doesn't really sound like Tony Wilson (unless it's not *that* Tony Wilson) and when sped up by about 10% sounds more like Mr Richard D James. Tried to find any references to 'Locust electronic lounge live' online (I'm assuming the Locust mentioned is this Locust - check out this album by him if you get a chance) but no such luck.

(and yep I've only just got round to hearing it this week :D )
About those hermetic answer phone messages....had the same feeling but thought it was only a subjective "view"...kinda: wanted to believe was RDJ lol...
mcbpete
Far-out Son of Lung

Post by mcbpete »

Mystery solved (I think) - It's a 'Tony F. Wilson' (aka. Spykidelic - https://www.discogs.com/artist/9521143-Spykidelic )

Top post on link: https://tonyfwilson.wordpress.com/tag/mark-van-hoen/
"Long and excellent interview with Neil Halstead by Mark Van Hoen [Locust] which includes mention of myself and the Quirky club night I co-hosted in the 90s." - presumably said 'Quirky club night' is what's mentioned in the answerphone message
Rob
Tingler

Post by Rob »

Alina Kalancea track identified, Alchemy fsol (remix) appearing on the forthcoming Alchemy Tape on Imprec label.